GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Hey everyone...I just rotated my tires for the first time...

Here's my question...the lug nuts on all four tires were torqued from the factory at about 60-70 lbs. I couldn't believe how little effort it took to get these things off.

Why would the factory torque the lug nuts to such a low amount when the owners manual says the correct torque setting is at 140 lbs??? I have never owned a vehicle with such a high torque setting. Can this be right??? Or did the factory get it right originally?

Does anyone have any insight to this? One of the major causes of warped rotors is no having the lug nuts torqued correctly...either too little or too much torque can cause warped rotors. I want to make sure I get it right...but 140 lbs seems like a huge number.

Thanks... :help:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Does any one know the size in mm's of the lug nuts on the Acadia. Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but after searching, I can't find the answer on the forum. The dealer said they were either 19mm or 21mm, but weren't sure and another site said they were 14mm. I have the 19" wheels, but I don't think that matters. The reason is, I am picking up a set of deep sockets on the way home and there is a smaller set that goes up to 19mm or I have to buy a more expensive set that goes up to like 24mm for a whole lot more money. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
alphadog1 said:
Does any one know the size in mm's of the lug nuts on the Acadia. Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but after searching, I can't find the answer on the forum. The dealer said they were either 19mm or 21mm, but weren't sure and another site said they were 14mm. I have the 19" wheels, but I don't think that matters. The reason is, I am picking up a set of deep sockets on the way home and there is a smaller set that goes up to 19mm or I have to buy a more expensive set that goes up to like 24mm for a whole lot more money. Thanks.
I know the 18's are 22mm. Blue found that out and was confirmed when I got my new socket kit.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
RedRocker said:
:help: Hey everyone...I just rotated my tires for the first time...

Here's my question...the lug nuts on all four tires were torqued from the factory at about 60-70 lbs. I couldn't believe how little effort it took to get these things off.

Why would the factory torque the lug nuts to such a low amount when the owners manual says the correct torque setting is at 140 lbs??? I have never owned a vehicle with such a high torque setting. Can this be right??? Or did the factory get it right originally?

Does anyone have any insight to this? One of the major causes of warped rotors is no having the lug nuts torqued correctly...either too little or too much torque can cause warped rotors. I want to make sure I get it right...but 140 lbs seems like a huge number.

Thanks... :help:
140 lb ft is the listed torque according to the 07 manual

·
Registered
359 Posts
Bumping for the 2009 model. Also 140 lb ft (or 190 N.m).

Regards,
/BTV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts