GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying an '08 SLT that's coming from New York, so it has the front license plate bracket (doh!). PA doesn't have front license plates, so I'm going to remove it. I'm either going to plug the holes (someone else had a thread about this), or just replace the lower cover (the dealer will order me one at cost).

Questions:
1) Is the license plate bracket attached ONLY to the lower cover (the black plastic part, item 25832805), or does it also attach to the molding strip (the chrome part, item 10365423)?

2) Is the molding strip attached with an adhesive or does it have studs that attach with nuts? The parts diagram I found doesn't show any nuts, so it's probably an adhesive.

If someone with a license plate bracket could check, I'd be very grateful.

As a side note, GMPartsDirect.com is a good source for finding part numbers and some diagrams.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought an Acadia in MI, which has no front plate requirement.....BUT.....I imported it into Ontario, Canada which DOES!

So, I had to buy one...and have it installed. It's installed with rivets, through ONLY the black plastic. Four pilot holes through the black fascia, four rivets, and that's it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Did the dealer in NY already install the license plate frame? They normally do this as they prepare for delivery, if not you can ask them to not install it! It does not come installed from the plant, I had mine inside the small under floor area in the rear.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnway said:
Did the dealer in NY already install the license plate frame? They normally do this as they prepare for delivery, if not you can ask them to not install it! It does not come installed from the plant, I had mine inside the small under floor area in the rear.
Unfortunately yes. I called them and asked them to check. ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
I'm buying an '08 SLT that's coming from New York, so it has the front license plate bracket (doh!). PA doesn't have front license plates, so I'm going to remove it. I'm either going to plug the holes (someone else had a thread about this), or just replace the lower cover (the dealer will order me one at cost).

Questions:
1) Is the license plate bracket attached ONLY to the lower cover (the black plastic part, item 25832805), or does it also attach to the molding strip (the chrome part, item 10365423)?

2) Is the molding strip attached with an adhesive or does it have studs that attach with nuts? The parts diagram I found doesn't show any nuts, so it's probably an adhesive.

If someone with a license plate bracket could check, I'd be very grateful.

As a side note, GMPartsDirect.com is a good source for finding part numbers and some diagrams.

I am in the same situation, I live outside of Philly and bought a car from Maryland with the front license bracket attached and thinking of replacing the front bumper cover but was a little hesitant. How did you make out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I may be in the market for a lower bumper cover with the holes and bracket. If someone has one that they want to get something out of while replacing theirs with a new one, shoot me a PM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts