GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Low oil pressure light came on told to shut engine off.took to shop no code found.should I or could I still drive.what do. You think.

·
Super Moderator
21,965 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
There have been instances when the oil pressure sensor has gone bad and sends a message to the IP. All it took to repair the vehicle was changing the sensor. If there's oil in the engine and no unrecognized noises coming from it, driving to a shop for repair may be OK. Be aware that other things could be wrong. These conditions don't usually set a trouble code. If it was my vehicle, I'd get it repaired ASAP.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Low oil pressure light "IS" the code. I personally would not drive it without knowing what triggered the low oil pressure light.

·
Super Moderator
21,965 Posts
... took to shop no code found.should I or could I still drive.what do. You think.
There's no thinking about it if the vehicle is already at a repair shop. Let them repair it for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I check the oil it is showing that it is just fine.so should I just go ahead and change the sensor.beside the sensor what else should I do the technician said it was probably a glitch.and every thing should be ok

·
Super Moderator
21,965 Posts
Have the tech change the sensor and check to make sure everything else is OK. The initial repair shouldn't be expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the message go away if you rev the engine up a bit in neutral? My wife had that happen at a stop light. I told her to shut engine off while sitting. It turned out that the cam chain idler sprocket bearings had failed, allowing oil to blow through the idlers. That bearing metal went all through the engine. New GM remain long block and $7400 later got it back to normal. Warranty on chain maker.
That chain takes a lot of oil to function. Have your cam chains ever been replaced?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did not have to rev it up .after maybe three warnings it went out and has not came on again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts