GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help...I have a 2013 GMC Acadia and my Running Day lights, hazards, blinkers and even the tail lights are working when I manually turn the lights on but not my head lights. Any idea on what it could be? All interior lights work as well, hard to think of what could have caused for both of my head lights to stop working at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
Would be interesting if both bulbs burned out, but stranger things have happened. Have you checked fuses? Can you hear relays trying to work when you switch from low beam to high beam? Do you have "flash to pass" and tried that, too?

:welcome: , BTW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick reply....

I do hear relays trying to work when I switch from low to high. The sound seems to be coming from under the glove compartment.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
I do hear relays trying to work when I switch from low to high. The sound seems to be coming from under the glove compartment.
Several headlight relays are in the underhood fuse box as well. Anything heard from there?

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
Got to figure out if power is getting to the circuit. Do you have a way to test it - test light or VOM? Do you have a known good bulb to put in one of the headlight sockets?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you do end up replacing the lamps, XenonDepot has great choices. The lamps arn't cheap. Just make sure the new ones have the 4 slots in the black plastic guide for the connector, 2 on each side of the guide.

Philips lamps I found are really good and are correct fit.

I bought lamps from HIDNation and they only had 2 slots on 1 side. I could not understand why the new lamps would not fit.

XenonDepot had the correct ones. For my 2013 Denali they are Philips D3S in 5000K light band.

Below is a picture of the stock lamp with the 4 slots I was speaking of....

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to this site also. Just bought 09 slt. both passenger side headlights out. the outside light will sometimes do a rapid blink almost like it was connected to the blinker. the inside light is just out.

any advice very welcome.
docwayne

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
I am new to this site also. Just bought 09 slt. both passenger side headlights out. the outside light will sometimes do a rapid blink almost like it was connected to the blinker. the inside light is just out.

any advice very welcome.
Check for loose wires between the headlights and fuse box first. Make sure all fuses and relays are seated properly. Then, follow the system to the switch. Last thing to consider would be a failure inside the BCM. A VOM and assuredly good bulbs are a plus! :wink:

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
Thanks Speleos!! Will I need to remove the cover under the hood to check for loose wiring? That looked like quite a job.
Removing the flat panel which covers the light fixtures and radiator is a piece of cake to remove. it just takes pulling a few push-pin fasteners. Look for a picture from rbarrios which shows a handy tool to use (hint - you can use to remove paint can tops, too ;) ).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help...I have a 2013 GMC Acadia and my Running Day lights, hazards, blinkers and even the tail lights are working when I manually turn the lights on but not my head lights. Any idea on what it could be? All interior lights work as well, hard to think of what could have caused for both of my head lights to stop working at the same time.
I have the exact same problem with my 2015 GMC Acadia. Running lights work, turn signal, flasher, brake lights all work. I have no low beam or high beam. You can hear the HighBeam selector clicking. All the fuses are good. The high beam relay clicks open and close. the low beam relay is behind the glove box. I am changing the bulbs tonight.

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
I have the exact same problem with my 2015 GMC Acadia. Running lights work, turn signal, flasher, brake lights all work. I have no low beam or high beam. You can hear the HighBeam selector clicking. All the fuses are good. The high beam relay clicks open and close. the low beam relay is behind the glove box. I am changing the bulbs tonight.
Welcome to the forum.
Hope changing the bulbs works out for you. In another thread, several members found that both headlights burned out at the same time. It's not common, but does happen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked the bulbs, both were burned out. One side has visible scorch marks on the inside of the connector.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2015 Acadia yesterday....read up on this forum and found the problem....thanks to all who weighed in on this issue... both bulbs burned at same time....replaced and all is good....sucks that the easy way to replace is through the front wheel wells ....but was a quick fix.....thanks to all again

·
Super Moderator
19,791 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2015 Acadia yesterday....read up on this forum and found the problem....thanks to all who weighed in on this issue...
Welcome to the forum.
Glad to know things worked out well for your Acadia's lighting problem. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to replace both bulbs. Not sure why they both went bad at the same time though

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I had to replace both bulbs. Not sure why they both went bad at the same time though
Very curious that both bulbs would burn out at the same time. But. . . . it happens.
Glad they changed the headlight access on the newer +2017 Acadia.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts