Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Know

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought my Acadia through a lease buyout. It's an SLT-1 with 11k miles. I've noticed that once the car is warm it gets a low growl that increases with RPM. I can feel it through the accelerator pedal as well. It is engine-related as I have put the car in Park and slowly revved it and heard the growl increase with RPM. I know the previous owner and he said the dealer told him it was normal, but is a disconcerting sound nevertheless. Has anyone else experienced this as well? I'm getting ready to take it in for a freebie oil change at the dealer and I'll bring it up again with them at that time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too have this issue with mine. I hope someone answers your question so I can find out as well what the issue might be. It is a nuisance though. I never experienced this when I bought it new. It started after about 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine began doing this too..just in the past month. I am at 30,000 kms. It seems to be worse when steering and definately when it is warm. I am due for the wiper recall, so I will bring this up at that time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had the same problem. Most often, I could feel it through the steering wheel. Checked the power steering fluid level and, lo and behold, it was low. Picked up some fluid that met the GM spec in the book and the sound is just about gone. It only took about 4 oz to bring it up.

Hope this helps,

Zig

·
Registered
752 Posts
Same thing here. it was the power steering fluid. Instantly took care of the problem . FYO - you have to snap off the engine cover to find the fill spout.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had the same symptoms - mine also turned out to be the power steering fluid. in my case when I checked, the level was at the minimum - I brought the level to near the max indicator and my symptoms went away

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had the same issue...dealer replaced the PS pump and noise came back after 3/4 months. I now keep it
slightly overfull and have had no issue with the noise.

·
Registered
423 Posts
there may be a problem with a clamp on the p.s. hose. at least that is what the dealer told me. they tightened it up and added fluid, we are all good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts