GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back earlier in the week from a trip to San Antonio and I have to say I LOVE ONSTAR and turn by turn directions. I didn't even break out the maps from google I printed before I left. I just hit the blue button and told them where i was going. Besides telling them where I was going like to the Riverwalk or to Seaworld, they also helped me find the closest grocery store and the closest Target. I only had one issue when I tried to find a Bank of America. I think they sent me to the closest ATM, which I couldn't find. It may have been in one of the stores or AMC theater.

Love turn by turn!! Once my year is over do I have to pay extra for the turn by turn or is that included in the normal subscription rates?

Ryan

·
Registered
542 Posts
Afriad turn by turn is extra. Check the onstar site. I think base Onstar is like $16.95 per month. Turn by turn upgrade is like $26.95 per month. Its all there on the Onstar site.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Keith said:
Afriad turn by turn is extra. Check the onstar site. I think base Onstar is like $16.95 per month. Turn by turn upgrade is like $26.95 per month. Its all there on the Onstar site.
Keith Turn by Turn is included in the first year of purchase for the Acadia.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I realize that Boltbacker. The question was the cost after the first year is over. I am looking forward to trying turn by turn. Not sure if I want to pony up $27/month after the trial period is over though

·
Registered
218 Posts
It's $10.00 more a month on top of Safe and Sound($16.95/month) or $100.00 for the year. Unlimited usage. You can get it on a month to month basis so if your going on a trip and want to buy it for that month you can do it that way.

·
Registered
108 Posts
You can get it on a month to month basis so if your going on a trip and want to buy it for that month you can do it that way.

Hey! I didn't know that. I better go check the Onstar site. I almost had the salesman delete onstar from our purchace it's -$200 if you don't get the vehcle equipted with Onstar. I'm really glad my husband talked me into it. I told him it would be a great Christmas gift to keep Onstar. It is a great safety feature for me, my son has special needs and Epilepsy.
Lee

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
What does it cost to buy them ala carte like that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Off hand I'm not sure but I thought it was something like 3 routes for $10 - $20. You can always blue button in and ask.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yea I think you can do 3 routes for $10 but this just started. You can do a month for $10 if you want to try it out.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Well I've still got 8 months left on our free year, but after that, it's good to know there are options besides the full D&C. It's great when we need it, but that's possibly not often enough to pay for the full year.

·
Registered
269 Posts
We love it!!! Don't use it terriby often. Will definately renew for the full year once it is up. By my calculations you can pretty much renew for the life of the vehicle for less than the cost of the Nav system.

·
Registered
218 Posts
mitchl said:
We love it!!! Don't use it terriby often. Will definately renew for the full year once it is up. By my calculations you can pretty much renew for the life of the vehicle for less than the cost of the Nav system.
Your exactly right! :thumb: And you will never have to update a DVD or pay for one after for first 2.

·
Registered
542 Posts
New to turn by turn. Do I need to provide an address or can I just say the nearest McDonalds or park name or business name? Also, can I provide a name for a residence and have directions sent? For instance, the Dan Smith home in Auburn WA.

·
Registered
218 Posts
If you have the exact address that is the easiest way the advisor can look it up, but they can also look up any point of interest i.e. the nearest Mcdonalds. They cannot look up an address by an individuals name, you would have to know the address, but any business they can.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts