GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all I've got to say we really like this car, if the bugs were fixed it would definitely be the best car we ever owned. It shifts so smoothly and it is a joy to drive, but the bugs! 2007 Acadia SLT-2

1. On morning start ups when it is like 30 deg F outside and using remote start when we get into the vehicle it smelled like raw unleaded gas. Had it into dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. Eventually the problem went away.

2. Rear windshield wiper would start running w/o reason. Switch would be off but it would start and then quit on its own even with turning the wiper on the off. Still no resolution.

3. DVD player has had multiple issues hit and miss - sometimes will play certain DVDs and other times it won't play the same DVD. The front screen will say reading or whatever it says before it actually plays and will continue to say that yet in the back it is actually playing, won't eject, won't fast forward/rewind, etc. Still no resolution

4. Have had a dead battery twice - as in completely dead - could not even open rear lift gate to get to the jumper cables and then the last time my wife could not call Onstar from the vehicles' phone as the phone was dead. The last dead battery the alarm went off and did funny things and then locked my wife out of the car. Also she had to leave the key in the ignition because she said it would not come back out! Fuse box replaced on first incident and now currently in shop due to second incident.

5. Engine overheating/Low coolant warning display even though the car wasn't even hot. This happened multiple times right after start up and sitting overnight in 40 deg F weather. This was the initial problem and then the day I was going to take it into the shop was our first dead battery incident. Fuse Box Replaced - only drove it for maybe another month and it has been in the shop since due to other problems.

6. Engine reving up and idiling wrong after start up. - Fuse box replaced.

7. Engine stayed running multiple times after the key was pulled from the ignition. The longest it ran was around a minute after the key was pulled out. - Fuse box replaced.

8. Stabilitrac will say its off and then when restarts the car it seems to be back on. Called Onstar for diagnostic check and they say nothing is wrong.

9. Wife said a couple of times right after starting car it made a horrific crank, clunk, etc type noise and she the engine was going to explode.

The vehicle has been in the shop numerous times, the fuse box has been replaced only once that I know of and it is currently in the shop with all our documentation on the service history otherwise I would give more details. Anyway the current consensus is that the numerous water leaks got into the computer module and that should be the 'fix'. It's been in the shop now for over 30 consecutive days for this last dead battery incident. The last time it was in it was in the shop for around two weeks and that is when the fuse box got replaced. Again we do really like the car but these problems and not having a vehicle for awhile is not good for GMC. I am willing to deal with issues on a new model year, but this seems to me to be too much. We bought the car brand new in July 07. Anyway just throwing some info out there. Most of our problems have been in the winter/spring and most/all may relate to the water leak problems. There is less than 30K miles on the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Sorry that you are having issues, definitely sounds like electrical issues. GeoHawk is looking at this topic; he should be the most help for you.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Sorry to hear of your problems gwpfan. Your issues sound like the same thing that a couple other members here had with their Acadias too. There's a seam at the front of the dash/engine compartment area on the passenger side that wasn't sealed properly on some 2007 and early 2008 build Acadias, Enclaves, and Outlooks. Water from the right front sunroof drain tube exits in this area. If the seam wasn't sealed properly the water could enter the passenger compartment and get electrical components behind the dash wet, causing all kinds of weird electrical problems. There's been a TSB (TSB#08-08-57-003A) out for this issue since early June 2008. I'm not saying for sure this is your problem, but it does sound like it.

Hopefully your dealer has the problem isolated now, but I know it's frustrating to have your vehicle out of service for that long, maybe even long enough for a lemon law claim if they can't solve all the issues (that has happened too for a few owners). You might mention that TSB number to them to see if they are aware of it, but it sounds like they are on the right track with replacing that computer module. You didn't mention if you have the sunroofs or not, but if you do the dealer should at least make sure that seam is sealed up before they call it good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just updated my profile with the car details - we do have a sunroof. They are aware of that TSB. They've had to pull the carpet as well due to the wetness on the passenger side that we never noticed.

Also I do have a note in my signature, but I wish I could put the heads up display in every car I own. That feature is so worth it to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just update #8 and #9 in my first post with the wife's comments.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Also I do have a note in my signature, but I wish I could put the heads up display in every car I own. That feature is so worth it to me.

This the the first vehicle that I have had a HUD in, and I love it too :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
sorry gwpfan, its head up display. do a search and you will see how much of an uproar that caused. ;D

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with this post. I like my acadia but it has too many issues. Paint feels like sand paper. Water leak. Transmission is a disaster. Dash rattles. Way too Many interrior issues. (one guy on here called it dollar store interrior...i say dime store) Dead batteries. XM radio issues. Window on drivers side not working properly. Had to do a road force balance on a new car to get it to stop bumping. (seems like GM should have paid for that) This is my second acadia first one was replaced due to dead battery issues...now the 2008 is having dead batteries. Warranty not working as stated. GM promises a loaner car but you dont always get one when things go wrong. My 2008 does not seem to have roadside assistance even though it only has 19000 miles. :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Schram said:
sorry gwpfan, its head up display. do a search and you will see how much of an uproar that caused. ;D
It's funny, we were at the Car Show and I think it was a Volkswagon (whichever car it was not American) called it "Heads up Display". I started laughing and told my husband that they should have had an American do a spell check since this is a big deal for American Acadia owners.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I everyone, time for my 2 cents.

I too have suffered from multiple issues with my Acadia including numerous water leaks. The last repair they had to put in a new headliner. It took 3 weeks because they kept sending the wrong one, when they finally did get the right one, they messed up the install and broke the seatbelts, to this day they don't work (more on that later)

Well I have and had been corresponding with GM through my attorney. Today was settlement date. I found a dealership and negotiated a great deal. The credit union's supplier proicing and 0% financing made it easy. They new dealership (great place) got the car all ready for pick up. I was excited. My dad was picking me up from the place I turned in the car and taking me to my new ride. Things were good. Then I went to turn the car in and the inspection started. The car had to go back with nothing more then normal wear and tear. They found a couple of small dings and were about to overlook them when they found a deep scratch about 12 inches long on rear 1/4 panel (deep but barely noticeable). Thats when things went south. They took me in to meet with their salesman. I knew what was coming, they wanted to sell me the replacement and they were going to hold the scratch over my head. They took it to their bodyshop and came back with a $1781 estimate. I nearly hit the floor. I took my car back and left the dealership. My attorney advised me that GM has the estimate from the bodyshop and they would be willing to deduct this amount from my settlement to close the deal. I then called the other dealer where I had to new deal set up and he sent me to their body shop where they gave me an estimate nearly one thousand lower then the first place. Now I am waiting to hear back from my attorney, I should not have to repair every little thing on the car because 99% of it would be considered normal wear and tear. The scratch itself would cost less the $500 to repair. Thats all I should have to pay for. I told my lawyer to tell GM during their next discussion that I was ready to give GM another chance and get another Acadia but now I may go to a different manufacturer all together. Which sucks because I really love the cabin space of the Lambdas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts