GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else notice the engine get loud and "trucky" when you are coasting along and the RPMs get down to about 1000-1200? I was driving bout 40mph and the RPMs were up near 1600 or so and when I lifted off the gas a bit to stabilize my speed, I notice the RPMs drop and the engine gets real loud in the cabin. A much deeper growl than the normal operating sound. Just wondering if it is just me or if others have heard the same. Now that I have heard it I seem to notice it all the time and I'm getting concerned that something may be wrong.

Equally concerning was watching my RPMs bounce around in small increments while driving this past weekend. I'm fairly certain my foot was not moving on the pedal, but I suppose it was providing some slight inputs. Just never saw a tach that had such quick and short fluctuations before ???

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've noticed the same thing including the tach bouncing a little. I have to believe the noise is just an exhaust resonance. The Acadia is my wifes that I seldom get to drive. :( When I did use it for a weekend and pushed it harder than my wife does the noise seemed to fade. I also wonder if the noise was there before the tranny flash? If you stare at most automotive gauges you will notice they move a little.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm hearing the same loud noises @ low RPMs too.... Sounds like the power steering or A/C. Only aware of it at low revs.
Dealer says "normal noises"..... I'll keep reporting it each time it's in for oil change. BTW '07 AWD with 17K miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I notice the vibration and noise all the time. It happens when you are just taking your time and driving conservatively. I believe it's the tranny being in too low a gear......I think its calling lugging. When you give it some gas the tranny moves to a lower gear and the vibration is gone. I assume this behavior saves gas mileage at the expense of performance and a smooth ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue. I bought my Acadia last March and just recently had the transmission reflashed. The noise did not start until after the reflash. It is exactly as you descibe: a loud rumbling noise when driving around 40-45 mph while the tach is at about 1200 rpm. When I step on the gas and get the tach above 1200 the noise goes away. Hmmm.. maybe I should have the dealer redo the reflash...

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response to the thread...and for confirming that I am not the only one hearing it. You know I took delivery of mine in March and also had the reflash done around Oct? To be honest I can't recall hearing it prior to the reflash, but I don't recall it happening right after the reflash either. It might be that I just wasn't in tune to hearing it.

I'm planning a trip into the dealer by the end of Feb for an oil change, I'll see what they say. Unfortunately I will most likely be going to a new dealership this time around to take advantage of a coupon I got...hope they are as friendly and helpful as my normal dealer!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts