GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am not sure if I am posting in the right discussion section but here goes....

I am in the process of purchasing a 2008 Acadia SLT-1. I find it strange that base price and some option prices vary based on manufacturer date. I have located a couple cars that were invoiced in 9/07 and compared them to cars invoiced later 2/08. There appears to be about an $1100.00 delta. This is a decent price savings...

My question is whether I should be concerned with cars built in the early model year vs. current production dates with respect to mechanical issues. I see many posts complaining of problems and it has me questioning my decision to move forward. I have (2) Toyotas now but really want to buy from an American company...not to mention my GM Card earnings....

Should I be concerned with production dates when purchasing a 2008 Acadia? Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks

SF

·
Registered
284 Posts
No. The Acadia is already in it's second model year, and most if not all key glitches were resolved after the 2007's.

Just buy a 2008 and be happy, regardless of when it was built--it's still a second year vehicle.

The only "difference" is just having a vehicle that really is the newest of new, and hasn't sat...but that's all, and doesn't make a difference in reality.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Finz,

Our 2008 was built in August '07, and we haven't had a single problem with it. Don't worry about buying an early 2008. The only difference in the early 2008s from the later ones, aside from the price increase, is the first month or so the 2008s were produced they didn't have the most current transmission calibration software (which dealers have been updating), but the Sept '07 built 2008s you are looking at will have the updated software. Good luck with your Acadia hunting. :thumb:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Correct. If it's an early one, or just from even a few months back, make sure that all the latest reprograms, etc. have been applied--it was said somewhere that there was another trans one after the big September one, but not 100%.

Again, either way, an '08 is the second year around and pretty much any "glitch" has been sorted.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Finz,

Our 2008 was built in August '07, and we haven't had a single problem with it. Don't worry about buying an early 2008. The only difference in the early 2008s from the later ones, aside from the price increase, is the first month or so the 2008s were produced they didn't have the most current transmission calibration software (which dealers have been updating), but the Sept '07 built 2008s you are looking at will have the updated software. Good luck with your Acadia hunting. :thumb:
Not sure how big it was but, looks like my 08 was manufacture in Jan 08 and the tranny had to be reprogrammed, and beleive me you can tell the difference, we had only been driving it a week and it seemed like there were fast gear changes, long pauses to downshift, i just thought it was the 6 speed, but when we took it in the downshifts and upshifts became less noticeable

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. We purchased an Acadia today and should have it in the next day or so....

SF

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
wroutan said:
How do you find out the date of manufacturing?
The month and year are on the sticker on the driver's door. If you have the last 8 digits of the VIN# I can pull up the exact date.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Can you still get key codes with the vin?

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Schram said:
Can you still get key codes with the vin?
Only dealers have that access, I don't. All I can pull up is build information, warranty claim history, and service bulletins.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the following number and infact we call it Chasis # IG-REV23708J204657

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
wroutan said:
The correct VIN # is 1GKEV23708J204657.
I sent you a PM with the build sheet. Build date was 12/5/07.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts