GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been lurking on this site just reading up on posts and trying to digest as much info as possible. Very informative stuff btw!

I am going to be coming out of a lease in July on an Equinox and unless Chevy gives me some super-fantastic deal on a Tahoe (my wife REALLY wants one), we will prob go with the GMCA. Also with gas going the way it is, her hopes of getting a Tahoe are fading fast.

I've looked around and pretty much settled on the Acadia, just had a few questions...

Were there any other vehicles came close to comparison to the Acadia...just curious?

Does GM usually run any deals come the summertime? I had a chance to pull out of the lease early, but wanted to wait to see if there were any more enticing deals.

Is there any jump in price with the 09's?

Think GM will give any decent deals on leftovers?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Can't comment on what deals GM might be offering, but in the past year there haven't been a ton of incentives on the Acadia. This could change with a slowing economy and higher gas prices though . As far as the competition goes, I think the Mazda CX 9 might be worth considering as well as a few others. Where the Acadia tends to shine is in the available space that is has. The best thing to do is drive them all and see which one suites your needs.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Our final few "other" considerations were the MDX, Pilot, and 4Runner.  Final two were the MDX and the Acadia, in which case cargo room on the Acadia trumped it for us.

But again... to each their own.  Drive the ones you like, do some research, and land on the vehicle that suits you best.

Welcome and good luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wanted to go with a Volvo XC90 but with all the stuff we have to bring with 2 young kids (and 2 big dogs for trips), the Acadia won us over hands down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
yes, number one choice until I researched the Acadia.

Gas mileage and Price (10K) higher for the same roughly size interior was my deciding factor.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We considered the Tahoe/Yukon. I agree with antney that the gas mileage is better, but we also liked the extra 7 cu ft of luggage/cargo space in the Acadia.

Unless you need to seat 9 passengers or need the extra towing capacity, I think the Acadia is the better value.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I'm in Philly and trying to decide if AWD is worth it or if could sneak away with not having it. Does having it v. not having it really affect the gas mileage that much? We don't get a ton snow (nothing over a foot) from what I can recall over the past few yrs.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
If buying a Tahoe, with rear wheel drive, I would say for sure get 4WD. With the Acadia it is a much harder decision.

The FWD with the 18" tires (which do tons better in the snow) is good for most driving. If you look at the threads on this site, you will find that most everyone that comments on the FWD says it does fine in the snow. I have yet to see anyone say that they made a mistake buying the FWD.

I got the AWD because it was only ~$2K more and the mpg rating was 24 for FWD and 22 for AWD. I figured the 10% extra gas cost would be worth the security of the AWD given that 80%+ of my miles will be crossing eastern PA on the turnpike. I now have 7500 miles and have yet to drive in a condition where the AWD would be needed, but even with that, if I had to do it all over again, I would still get the AWD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did I miss something or is the Carbon Metallic (this is the drak grey I believe) no longer an exterior color option?? I wanted to get this color with the brick interior.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
dirt mcgirt said:
Did I miss something or is the Carbon Metallic (this is the drak grey I believe) no longer an exterior color option?? I wanted to get this color with the brick interior.
:ditto: with what GAR stated, carbon Black [/color] is a popular color, last time i check its still available. i dont think GM will discontinue it.

coupled with the brick interior and you got one sharp combo there dirt mcgirt, you will never go wrong.... i know cause thats color combination that i have ---> :thumb: :rock:

·
Registered
339 Posts
If I recall correctly, Carbon Metallic was a very dark gray color only offered on '07 models. For '08, that color was deprecated and Carbon Black was introduced.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was hoping for the return of Medium Charcoal (or whatever it might be called now) for the Acadia. No luck.

·
Registered
812 Posts
dirt mcgirt said:
Ok I got the Carbon Black , but confused....is this not a dark grey color?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=172.0
it depends on what angle you look into it, but basically its black with greyish metallic flakes. :thumb:

heres a link to someone who just wax his --- http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1664.0

it looks kinda greyish because of the sun as well as the gloss the wax provided still it wont be mistaken for a grey color.... :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Re: Looking to buy in a few months...few questions?

I thought there were only 12 colors in life. Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Orange, Purple, White, Black, Brown, Pink, Silver and Grey. Why do they have to confuse us with all these funny names. :angel:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Because someone decided that all those basic colors should have about 1000 different shades per color and have even more things added to them like Pearl or metallic flakes. Gotta love all the variety we have in life. :cheers:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SioXie said:
dirt mcgirt said:
Ok I got the Carbon Black , but confused....is this not a dark grey color?

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=172.0
it depends on what angle you look into it, but basically its black with greyish metallic flakes. :thumb:

heres a link to someone who just wax his --- http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1664.0

it looks kinda greyish because of the sun as well as the gloss the wax provided still it wont be mistaken for a grey color.... :thumb:
Gotcha....so it looks like my wife won't be able to get her first choice of a dark gray color. Her second choice is black.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Question about the $2k entertainment package (rear DVD). Is it cheaper to get this aftermarket? Does anyone have an aftermaket DVD system...is it easy to integrate?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts