GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor/friend across the street works for a local dealership that includes GMC. After I found out about the '09 employee pricing, and that I could get some GM reward points transferred to me, I gave him a call about a SLT-2, deep blue metallic and pretty much fully loaded Acadia they have on their lot. MSRP on it is $49K and change. Employee pricing on it is $43,715. From what I understand, i can use my dad's GM points towards it too and he thinks he has a few grand worth (approx. 3K). This would bring my final price to about $40K. It's for my wife, and if she gets something she likes, she drives it a long time, and she really likes the Acadias, so that's why I'm taking the plunge on one this expensive. I'm not sure it would be possible to do any better than that on price. Any thoughts? BTW, yes, I'm new to the forum, but looking to be a fully contributing member. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are good deals out there and this sounds good if it is a 2009 AWD with every option available. You can verify the invoice at edmunds.com. Employee price should be about 3% below invoice. If it's not AWD and doesn't have every option (except the block heater), they may be adding advertising fees or other mark ups.

·
Registered
117 Posts
GM Card.....Transfer of credit/points/dollars.

A few years back, my wife and I told our daughter she could have the dollars we'd accumulated on our GM card towards the purchase of a new Buick. The only way the dealer would allow the transfer was to put my name (and my daughter) on all the paperwork including the car title. Unless we agreed, the dealer said our daughter could not use our GM card dollars. Dealer said it was GM rule and couldn't modified..... :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
dj_jonnyv said:
BTW, yes, I'm new to the forum, but looking to be a fully contributing member.
Welcome to the forum.

Please click on the link in my signature, there is some valuable information for you there, including the employee discount pricing link for GM.

It is helpful to know where you are- members may be in that area and can recommend a dealer for you, or one to avoid.

Also, for exact pricing, we need to know exact models and options.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, here is the window sticker on it:

Window StickerDivision of General Motors Corporation ACADIA AWD SLT-2
ENGINE, 3.6L V6
TRANSMISSION 6 SPEED AUTO AWD
Deep Blue Metallic
Light Titanium
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $49,075.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $39,600.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
HID HEADLAMPS
$ 500.00

TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE:
HEAD-UP DISPLAY
CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
$ 500.00

DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF
$ 1,400.00

TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION WITH
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY AND
XM NAV TRAFFIC - NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
$ 1,890.00

19" ULTRA BRIGHT ALUM WHEELS
(SEE WHL CONTENT CREDIT BELOW)
$ 1,295.00

WHEEL CONTENT CREDIT
$ -300.00

HIT THE ROAD PACKAGE:
(DEALER INSTALLED CONTENT)
*CHROME ASSIST STEPS
*CROSS RAIL PACKAGE
*MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS
$ 1,015.00

ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD
2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE
SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
$ 1,295.00

HEATED & COOLED SEATS, DRIVER
AND & FRONT PASSENGER WITH
PERFORATED LEATHER APPOINTED
SEATS
$ 650.00

TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH
$ 495.00

FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
NO CHARGE

TOTAL OPTIONS $8,740.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $48,340.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $49,075.00
CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
NET PRICE $49,075.00

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Dj, where are you located city state? Can update profile with this information

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good advice Bonk.

I found this one in Illinois, pretty close match:
Window Sticker
Division of General Motors Corporation

* ACADIA AWD SLT-2
* ENGINE, 3.6L V6
* TRANSMISSION 6 SPEED AUTO AWD
* White Diamond Tricoat
* Ebony

MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $50,170.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $39,600.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
HID HEADLAMPS
$ 500.00
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE:
HEAD-UP DISPLAY
CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS
$ 500.00
DUAL SKYSCAPE SUNROOF
$ 1,400.00
TOUCH SCREEN NAVIGATION WITH
REARVIEW CAMERA DISPLAY AND
XM NAV TRAFFIC - NAV TRAFFIC
FEE EXTRA, 1ST 3 MONTHS INCL.
$ 1,890.00
CONSOLE, SECOND ROW
$ 300.00
19" ULTRA BRIGHT ALUM WHEELS
(SEE WHL CONTENT CREDIT BELOW)
$ 1,295.00
WHEEL CONTENT CREDIT
$ -300.00
HIT THE ROAD PACKAGE:
(DEALER INSTALLED CONTENT)
*CHROME ASSIST STEPS
*CROSS RAIL PACKAGE
*MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS
$ 1,015.00
ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD
2 HEADPHONES WITH BOSE
SPEAKER SURROUND SOUND
$ 1,295.00
WHITE DIAMOND TRICOAT
$ 795.00
HEATED & COOLED SEATS, DRIVER
AND & FRONT PASSENGER WITH
PERFORATED LEATHER APPOINTED
SEATS
$ 650.00
TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH
$ 495.00
FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET
NO CHARGE
TOTAL OPTIONS $9,835.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $49,435.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $50,170.00
GMS PRICE $ 44,591.00
CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
NET PRICE $44,591.00

If you list the dealer, the sticker should have GMS pricing on it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
dj_jonnyv said:
From what I understand, i can use my dad's GM points towards it too and he thinks he has a few grand worth (approx. 3K).
There are a few different types of GM card accounts. Some have unlimited point application, and others are limited at how many points can be applied. Currently My Card only allows $1000.00 GM points towards the purchase.

from the GM Card site"Redemption Lookup Results
As of 9/5/2008 , a maximum of $ 1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2009 GMC ACADIA. "

Read this link for some others experience aboug GM Card points.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just bought mine last night. ;D

I have a GM World Card. I got Employee Pricing and I was able to use my full $3500 off from my GM card. The World Card is the one that pays you 5% on all purchases, but puts a limit of $500/year that you can accumulate. Then after year 7 (i.e., you can never have more than $3500) it replaces year 1's earnings with year 8. From what I understand you cannot get this type of GM Card anymore. I've had it for 10+ years and I have no plans of giving it up.

The GM pricing for my Acadia was $2050 below invoice; add in my $3500 from the GM card and I ended up getting my Acadia for $5500 below Invoice. Sweet deal! :cheers:

Good Luck :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
pgh_acadia said:
Just bought mine last night. ;D

I have a GM World Card. I got Employee Pricing and I was able to use my full $3500 off from my GM card. The World Card is the one that pays you 5% on all purchases, but puts a limit of $500/year that you can accumulate. Then after year 7 (i.e., you can never have more than $3500) it replaces year 1's earnings with year 8. From what I understand you cannot get this type of GM Card anymore. I've had it for 10+ years and I have no plans of giving it up.

The GM pricing for my Acadia was $2050 below invoice; add in my $3500 from the GM card and I ended up getting my Acadia for $5500 below Invoice. Sweet deal! :cheers:

Good Luck :thumb:
Congrats on your purchase, that is the same card my parents must have. I wish I could have that one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bonk1313 said:
Dj, where are you located city state? Can update profile with this information
I'm in St. Louis, MO. I know I need to go in and update my resume. Been busier than a 1-legged man in an @ss-kickin' contest lately!!!

Also, the employee price is $43,715 they have listed on their site and on the windshield.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bonk1313 said:
dj_jonnyv said:
From what I understand, i can use my dad's GM points towards it too and he thinks he has a few grand worth (approx. 3K).
There are a few different types of GM card accounts. Some have unlimited point application, and others are limited at how many points can be applied. Currently My Card only allows $1000.00 GM points towards the purchase.

from the GM Card site"Redemption Lookup Results
As of 9/5/2008 , a maximum of $ 1,000.00 in GM Card Earnings can be redeemed on a 2009 GMC ACADIA. "

Read this link for some others experience aboug GM Card points.
My neighbor told me Thursday night that it would be no problem at all using my dad's points towards the Acadia. He confirmed that he has $3400 and change on it. My dad used to be a Caddy guy so it made sense for him to have it, but he's kind of moved on from Caddy's a few years back. Knowing him he has the full boat card, I think it's called the world card or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the influx of posts, but wanted to provide an update on the Acadia itself. My neighbor brought the one home Thursday night and let my wife check it out that evening. It's a sweet ride!!! My wife really likes as do I. I was able to do some further testing on the Bose audio system which was the biggest question mark for me. Didn't know if I should opt out of the Bose system and go aftermarket. I'm traditionally not the biggest Bose fan for home or car. I put in some of my DVD-A and DTS discs and have to admit it sounded pretty good. It good use some more lower end bass, but that might be fixable.

Also, don't know if it's just me, but I think I could feel the differences in the engine and extra ponies from the last '08 we drove. One question I do have is for iPod integration. Is the best connection currently the aux input on the front of the head unit? Is there anything else in the works for this?

The key piece to the puzzle for buying is my wife getting a jobby-job. She just finished up her training and I told her once she starts making $$$, we'll pick on up. I have a couple of guys at work interesting in buying my Audi A6, and I would start driving her Allroad wagon since it's newer. I told my neighbor that they can't sell that Acadia!!!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
What a great neighbor!

As for the Ipod question, a member here did a comparison between the Scosche AXIPGMLAN and Coastaltech lockpick Ipod interfaces. He felt the Scosche worked better, but you should read it and make your own conclusions.

And hey, a lot of posts is nothing to be sorry about! You'll know what I mean in 991 more. :p

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I have the GM Mastercard points thing tucked in now I believe. My dad called his card company yesterday and added me to his account. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I get a card too, just the ability to use his points. Now, I'm on the hook to detail his 4 cars... :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Take a capitalistic approach to it:

A) GM Card savings= $?
B) Cost to subcontract detailing of 4 cars= $?

If "A" is for example, $1,000, and "B" is $400, you are still $600 ahead w/o any great expenditure of effort. Plus, if your dad has cool cars (see attachments) there is always the fun factor of getting them to and from!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Love the Avatar Blue

I think the delay is cause the line workers are trying to build their post counts on the local forums to obtain "freak" status, so they are unable to build your Acadia. :eek: :cheers: :cheers:

But on another note, I am climbing slowly but surely, hahaha

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
"He whipped every Marine in the Division!"
"Yeah, well I ain't a Marine."

I'm not involved in the labor process! Too much hard work. Posting, on the other hand (or two)...

As I observed in another thread, you are on fire. Probably not a good thing in your line of work, but perfectly acceptable here. :D

Looks like you are being affected by the similar post count- you are actually starting to understand what I'm typing, a feat so far only displayed by one other member.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, as for the detailing, it won't be just a simple wash and shine. I'll have to do some light to medium paint correction on all 4 of them. Probably won't have to touch the interiors. Oh, here is the list:

• 2008 Acura MDX
  • 2008 Lexus LS460
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz SL600
  • 2009 Aston Martin DB9

My dad retired 2 years ago from working at the same place for 38 years. He went out on top of his game, and now he's just having fun with retirement. He's the type of guy that will haul sod and a bag of dirt in the DB9 though. He calls himself just a hoosier having fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts