GMC Acadia Forum banner

Looking at an 08 or is 09 worth the wait?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  xram 
#1 ·
Here are the specs:

2008 SLT1 AWD
Red Jewel
DVD entertainment
Dual Skyscape roof
Convenience package
Heated washer fluid

Here is the offer: MSRP $40475. $500 above invoice less rebates & discounts $34430 + TTL
Does this sound like a very good offer? Or is the 09 a better acadia with the direct
injection. This is my first post. Great site. Thanks ahead for your advice.

#2 ·
The '09 is going to be the same vehicle, just with the typical every year updates.

If you want one now and that's exactly the right car, the deal is strong--and I'd go for it. If it can wait and you're able and willing to pay more without any rebates, etc., you may want to wait until mid summer and try an '09. The only real differences are the slight power increase from the Direct Injection, Bluetooth, optional cooled seats, and whatever other small detail revisions are made--of which we'll know for sure by the middle of this month.

Neither is better than the other, really, all just depends on your timeline, want, availability of the exact car you want, and price.

#3 ·
That's a great deal, $6k off sticker. My timeline necessitated that I get an '08 but I feel the ~$6k savings will outweigh the bells and whistles of the '09.

#4 ·
i think flat invoice should be the target, not +$500 in particular at this time of the year (i got flat invoice on my SLT-2 just a couple of months ago) but the deal isn't a bad one and unless bluetooth, cooled seats, and +5 or so hp and +1 or 2 mpg is critical for you the alternative is paying quite a bit more and waiting until June/July for delivery of a 09.

#5 ·
I don't think $500 over invoice is a bad offer any time of the year, but you can do better, especially at this time. I ordered my '08 in June and took delivery in Sept and paid flat invoice - discounts.

#6 ·
I think you should wait for the 09's. I would have if I had thought about it (bought my Acadia in Feb)... If you don't like the options and/or price difference between that and an '08 - go '08 and save some coin. Guaranteed you'll save more on an '08 once '09's are available. They want to dump da old models.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone. Would the slight increase in HP and direct injection increase
performance any? Also would it be possible to retro fit an 08 with the 09 bluetooth
option. If I wait for the 09's the sticker may be higher and since its the new model
the incentives will be slim pickings...the 08 will be a little easier on the pocket. I
have a clash of the mind and the heart. The mind says 08, the heart says 09?

#9 ·
I too hope for the same, but clearly no one can count on it. If bluetooth is a *must* have built in you have to go with an 09 until we know more. I would pay quite a bit to get the bluetooth functionality of an 09 since i intend to keep my 08 for 10+ years and i do consider it a nice safety feature.

#10 ·
Glass 1/2 full said:
Thanks everyone. Would the slight increase in HP and direct injection increase
performance any? Also would it be possible to retro fit an 08 with the 09 bluetooth
option. If I wait for the 09's the sticker may be higher and since its the new model
the incentives will be slim pickings...the 08 will be a little easier on the pocket. I
have a clash of the mind and the heart. The mind says 08, the heart says 09?
It is always tougher to add on stuff like the bluethooth.

I think while the 09 will cost a bit more, it will also be one full year newer on paper and the trade-in value / resale value will actually make up for and exceed the price difference. Of course, if you keep your car for 15 years / 150,000 miles then that won't matter much.

About exactly a year ago I was in the same spot and I ended up ordering one of the 1st 08s. If you can stand to wait, I would say pay a tad bit more, get exactly what you want, and order an 09.

#12 ·
canyonblue737 said:
I too hope for the same, but clearly no one can count on it. If bluetooth is a *must* have built in you have to go with an 09 until we know more. I would pay quite a bit to get the bluetooth functionality of an 09 since i intend to keep my 08 for 10+ years and i do consider it a nice safety feature.
I'm the same way. The Acadia is a replacement for my wife's 1995 Corolla (195K miles). I plan on draggin this thang through the ringer...or I win the lottery and not care about daily car expenses!

#13 ·
Thanks. Bluetooth is something I initially wanted. Has anyone heard of Blue
Connect. The bottom line for me will probably be the bottom line. Thanks SEL
for your post. The $6K off MSRP for me is a great deal anyways. This weekend
will determine my direction whether to buy the 08 or wait for the 09. Will let
you all know the outcome. Thanks.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.