GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is a way to display the longitude and latitude coordinates and elevation on the factory navigation system? I am in a business that sometimes requires this information and I would rather not drag my Garmin stuff with me.

·
Registered
524 Posts
WME said:
Does anybody know if there is a way to display the longitude and latitude coordinates and elevation on the factory navigation system? I am in a business that sometimes requires this information and I would rather not drag my Garmin stuff with me.
I found Lon and Lat just now. On your nav screen there is a red and white ICON in the upper left portion of the screen. If you touch it it will shift the screen view. If you touch it again it will shift the view again. Press it again and it will give you Longitude and Latitude. Now as for elevation, I am not sure it is available but I will keep looking.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay I may have been wrong on the above info, but I am in the garage now so I don't have a view of the satellite so I am not sure.

Also if you touch the red arrow that designates your vehicle position it changes the icon to look like the cross hairs of a scope, or sort of. Anyway after you do that another touchable icon appears in the left upper corner that has some info in it. When you touch it it moves your position indicator and then flashes the Lon and Lat. With that you should have a good start to figuring it out. I'll read some more and try to see if they have better info in the manual, but so far I can't find what I just explained there. I have to admit I'm not the kind of guy that reads the manual first.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Sometimes I have noticed a symbol that has the letters "GPS" with a red line through it (meaning no GPS coordinates available at this time) - I am assuming you need a line of site to the satelite to get the GPS coordinates and you would need the GPS communications to get your long/lat coordinates. My thought would be that there is no elevation reading available, I have not seen that, but I could be wrong ;D

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay, scratch everything I posted before. The only time you get longitude and latitude is when your cursor is over water. All other times you get an address. I have no clue how to do it now.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Dan-M said:
Okay, scratch everything I posted before. The only time you get longitude and latitude is when your cursor is over water. All other times you get an address. I have no clue how to do it now.
Drive on water. ;D

credit to pete7919 for his photoshop work!

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Look at the head on that!!! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts