GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my Acadia on November 8, 2007. Dealer said has not gone into production yet (1/13/08).

Anyone else having long wait issues.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not an expert on the subject but there is no production backlogs for the 08 Acadia but I would take a guess that your customer order in November may have been returned or received some type of "error" in the process request. An example being people that attempted to order the 2nd row center console were errored out of the system because this option is not physically available (even though available via online ordering), You dealer should have some paperwork or a process to validate the status of your build besides "we haven't heard anything yet....".

If you are not already working with the Sales Manager or Finance Manager, check with them. Or...threaten to take your business to XYZ dealership down the road, they will snap to attention then.

Hope it works out for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered my Acadia on 11/25/07. It's now 1/18/08. The dealer initially said it would be here early January, but now he's saying it should be here late February. My dealer blames it on the 10 day vacation the entire GM plant got off for the Holiday's. How can 10 days vacation prolong an order another month? I dunno... I'm sure I'll be happy when it comes.

mritter

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
My parents ordered theirs on 10/29, were told 4-6 weeks. They had the 2nd row console option in the order, but specifically told the sales person that if the console was not available (this was all done prior to me joining this site to know the real deal) to remove it from the order. They finally removed the console option on Dec6th, they have just been given a build date of 2/18. My parents are not happy, nor am I. This is the 18th car my family has purchased from this dealership, and it will most likely be the last.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We ordered ours on Aug. 12th, 2007...picked it up on Jan. 12th, 2008. We ordered nothing that would delay the order like color or new options. We also order a 2008 Yukon XL the same date that was a "unigue" configuration, we picked the Yukon up in four weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Long Time Waiting - Found Solution

I ordered nothing special that would hold up production. My dealer said it was the way GM allocates to dealerships. I apparently ordered after the last allocation and the order is waiting a new allocation (platinum dealership). Dealer did not know that when I ordered that I was after that dealer's allocation (?????) nor when the next allocation will occur (????). If you believe the dealership, GM really keeps these guys in the dark.

SOLUTION - I found an Acadia equiped the same by searching area dealership inventories via kbb.com (kelly blue book) via a friend's suggestion. The dealer called and swapped that car and I will pick it up at the end of the week.

The kicker is that Acadia has been sitting on that dealers lot for over a month! Why does it take a customer to find out how to locate a car and to locate a car? Is this not the dealership job? It was like I was forgot about after committing to buying the car.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
bassonenyny said:
The dealer called and swapped that car and I will pick it up at the end of the week.
I would have cancelled the order from the dealership and purchased from the other one just because of what happened. :angryfire:

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is really bizarre...because for the longest time there, it seemed like Acadia orders were actually being build, delivered, etc. very quickly. No idea what the heck the hold up is on some of these now, especially with dealers--apparently--that have verified open allocation space.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ive been on here a while and it seems like orders were taking at least 6 weeks, usually more in the 12 week range. I waited 3 months for mine. Its hard to wait but good things come to those who do. Maybe with the slowing economy you will be able to get some incentives when it finally does arrive

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered an Acadia 12/08/07, salesman called today. I have a build week of 2/24/08 :-\

I wonder if going from three shifts to two shifts at the plant has slow down the production of Acadia's???

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Wes said:
I ordered an Acadia 12/08/07, salesman called today. I have a build week of 2/24/08 :-\

I wonder if going from three shifts to two shifts at the plant has slow down the production of Acadia's???
according to another article/thread. The shift adjustment was only affecting the enclaves

·
Registered
812 Posts
Ordered mine 12/28/07 and just recieve the build date today. Salesman told me "couple more weeks and your vehicle is in the lot...." I highly doubt it...... With 3 fast selling vehicle crammed together in one plant, this kind of thing is expected.... :(

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
SioXie said:
Ordered mine 12/28/07 and just recieve the build date today. Salesman told me "couple more weeks and your vehicle is in the lot...." I highly doubt it...... With 3 fast selling vehicle crammed together in one plant, this kind of thing is expected.... :(
What was your build date?
My parents got a build date of Feb18th on Jan15th (i think), after placing the order on 10/29 they cancelled and ended up going with an acadia from another dealership.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts