GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning a road trip from Portland, OR to Phoenix, AZ. Roughly 2600 miles round trip w/ my 10 year old son who will get bored quick. Was thinking of hooking up the X-Box for him. The stock TV screen would be too small. So I wanted to bring a bigger TV for the X-Box and plug that in too. He'd be in the third row w/ the capt chair down as a foot rest. BTW, I love how versatile the Acadia is.

Anyway, will I have any issues with the battery by hooking all this up and hours of play while driving? My basic understanding of batteries is that they charge while the vehicle is running. (Like when you get a jump start, it charges and will start again later). Ok, pretty basic so forgive me if this is a no brainer question. Don't want to get stuck somewhere in the middle of Nevada w/ no sign of civilization for 100 miles +.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Will both the Xbox and the TV be plugged into the 12v DC outlet?

Yes, as long as the car is running your battery will be OK as it will be charged while the engine is running.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I would also make sure that you find a good way to anchor those things down. In an accident they would become pretty serious projectiles.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I would becarefull with the TV. What power draw does the TV have?.. Best answer is to try it before your trip regardless of what you decide to do, to make sure it will be okay.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Don't know about TV, but Xbox is fine. My son played the Cube for hours going from Houston to Virginia. He used the DVD screen, but ours is an inch bigger than the manufacturers. Sat in the back with the captain chairs as foot rests. Just make sure he's "saved" before you turn off the car because it will turn everything off with it. This will keep you from getting the "aw, I was about to get to --- level!"

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
kanderna said:
I think you have to be cautious about what you're trying to plug into that outlet. See this thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3905.0 thread.
That thread is about the 115v outlet, and I agree that you need to be very careful to not overload that one. I believe that the Xbox and TV may be too much for the 115v outlet.

That's why I asked about the 12v DC outlet. If he has a 12 volt power cord for the Xbox and TV, then I think the 12v outlet would handle it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kanderna said:
I think you have to be cautious about what you're trying to plug into that outlet. See this thread:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3905.0 thread.
Very interesting....thank you for the thread. Someone told me it would be just fine...see...I knew it was best to check the forum. :thumb: I had already thought about anchoring things down in case of an accident, but overloading/blowing the fuse didn't cross my mind. I've read other threads where folks have hooked up an X-Box so I think that alone will be fine. Guess we'll have to leave the Wii at home. (Um...that's a JOKE) LOL I'll look into how much power each item draws. I know there are a lot of options out there (screens that attach to the back of the seat etc..) and we have some time before the trip to figure it out. Like to have my ducks in a row so there so there are few surprises along the way. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.