GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the standard SLT-1 CD changer radio (no XM) Noticed FM reception is frequently terrible. When the reception is good, the radio sounds great. It's not the speakers, tried a CD and plugged in the Ipod and they sound great. Also tried the Onstar a few times. Not so clear. Noticed on one occasion I could barely understand the person, it was so distorted. Tried the turn by turn nav twice. The volume was so low(even with the volume all the way up) that I could barely hear. I also tried the phone yesterday for the first time. Onstar says the signal is supposed to be stronger than a cell phone. Not. The person I was talking to said they could barely understand me, that the call was "cutting out". Radio reception and clarity were never an issue in any of my previous SUVS (they were not GM). This is definitely added to my dealer list, but I would appreciate any feedback from local owners.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Hey.

Where on LI?

I am from Hicksville. LIved out in Ronkonkoma also.

Have had GMC's for the last 4.5 yrs. I have never had a reception problem with the FM or OnStar. I can count maybe 3 incidents over that time were Onstar was a little crackly that you couldn;t here the person. However, hanging up or waiting a few minutes solved the problem. It could be your location or even the weather b/c to the best of my knowledge the Onstar is through satellites.

I know when I go to Oyster Bay I have no reception on my Verizon phone but my Onstar works crystal clear.

Maybe the antenna has a loose wire connection or somehting isn;t grounded??

·
Registered
99 Posts
You shouldn't be having this problem. Definitely take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems...but I listen to XM almost exclusively and have not yet tried the phone. The one time I used OnStar I was parked in my driveway :) it was clear as a bell then.

Oh, and I'm from Smithtown...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I work on Long Island and have no reception problems with the radio ever.
Sounds like you may have an antenna problem like NYJoe mentioned.

Cheers..

J.
8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dropped my Outlook off at the dealer tonight because of issues with the radio. I have the standard audio package and the reception is horrible plus the auto volume does not work. My salesman said I wasn't the only Outlook owner calling in with a complaint about the radio.

tyson

1 - 7 of 7 Posts