GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We placed an order for an Acadia on 23 April and the dealer placed the order in the system on 26 April. It has been over 5 weeks and it is still in Code 3000 (Accepted by Production Control). Does anyone have any ideas as to why it would still be in Code 3000 or how long it might be to get to Code 4200 (shipped). We are becoming concerned as we have a major trip planned for late June and we will have to rent a vehicle if it is not delivered by that time. Thanks for any insight you can provide!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ordered mine on 4/13/2007. Still no car but it has arrived in our local distribution center. I expect to get it next week sometime. If that happens, it will be about 9 weeks from order to delivery. Fairly typical I guess. Surprised you got an order in on the 23rd. I was told by my dealer and others that 4/15 was the last day to order an 07. Good luck!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Same deal here, ordered on 4/10, same boat as Keith. It's sitting in Boston at the regional distribution lot...waiting for someone to load it and get it to Maine so it can be in my driveway. I'm sitting on 8 weeks as of Tuesday and I'm freaking out! :banghead:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Is your order being built as an '07 or '08? I placed an order that my dealer input on 4/22. I later found out that the order was too late to be built as an '07 and converted the order to an '08. It may be that your dealer had a few configurable allocations left and mine didn't. My order is at status 3000, but production of '08s doesn't start until late June, so I'm expecting late July or August delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
loach said:
Is your order being built as an '07 or '08? I placed an order that my dealer input on 4/22. I later found out that the order was too late to be built as an '07 and converted the order to an '08. It may be that your dealer had a few configurable allocations left and mine didn't. My order is at status 3000, but production of '08s doesn't start until late June, so I'm expecting late July or August delivery.
I placed an order for the '07. dealer said the order has been accepted. I'm hoping for the best but it appears from the replies I have received that it will be at least nine weeks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Mine was delivered in CA this past Thursday and was ordered exactly eight weeks previous. As I understand it, that eight weeks is pretty typical and expecting it earlier would definitely put you at risk of it not arriving for your trip. Considering that most car reservations don't require a real deposit, I'd probably have a reservation in the works if my timing was as tight as what you describe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GerryL said:
Mine was delivered in CA this past Thursday and was ordered exactly eight weeks previous. As I understand it, that eight weeks is pretty typical and expecting it earlier would definitely put you at risk of it not arriving for your trip. Considering that most car reservations don't require a real deposit, I'd probably have a reservation in the works if my timing was as tight as what you describe.
Thanks for the input! I plan on reserving a car just in case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered our SLT-1 on 3/22, recieved confirmation of delivery from the factory on 3/26. Our Acadia was shipped to the distribution cented on 5/4 and finally delivered from the dealer to us on 5/18. No question, the wait was worth it!!!! We have driven the Acadia for over a week now and we, me, my wife & kids, absolutely love this SUV, even over our Mercedes ML320 we have driven for over 7 years, which we decided to keep for our daughter. We ordered our Acadia with AWD, Bose Stereo, DVD, split 2nd row seats, trailer package, sun roofs, convienence package, 115 volt socket, Carbon exterior, Ebony Leather. Color selection looks great, especially with the dark cladding on the bottom of the Acadia. Our kids actually plugged the Nintendo in the back and played video games. Three times while parking this week and coming out of a store I found people looking at the car, asking if I liked it. Two of our neighbors will go test drive one in the next week. This SUV rides exceptionally well & surprisingly is very quiet. We have driven our Acadia 954 miles in the first week, giving us some road experience to see if there are any bugs to work out. No complaints about our new purchase, with two thumbs up. Got an average of 23.6 miles on the highway driving to San Diego and around town of 15.7 miles. Since it is still new we feel the mileage will get better. We believe the GMC Acadia is a tremendous value for the the money, and look forward to driving it in the next few years. Great work General Motors. I think this SUV will give the German & Japanese brands some real competition.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was hoping my first post would be a more positive one, but I am very disappointed with the delivery schedule. My wife and I looked at the Acadia for several weeks and finally decided to order one on April 27. Around May 1st the dealer called to say it had not been accepted and we may have to change to a '08. The next day they said no problem, it was accepted and it should be built the following week. Fast forward to today (6/4/07)......I called for an update and was told the tentative build date was June 11th!! Almost 7 weeks to get to the assembly line! [/color] :angryfire:

April 27th - ordered
June 11th - approx build date.
Delivery - unknown

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not sure but does it take less than 1 day on the line and 1-2 weeks for delivery and wow in 8-10 weeks you have your car and everyone lives happly ever after. The end. :angel:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Tomorrow will be week 8 for me for my 2007...it's gone by really quick, bu the last few days (ok, the last 2 weeks) have been killing me! :banghead:

·
Registered
66 Posts
FYI - We ordered on April 23rd and 2 weeks later got the word that ours would not be built. Having a hard time feeling sympathetic when you ordered days later and got accepted. We're still in limbo and don't even have a build date yet. You may want to consider yourself fortunate at this point.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NJA Capt said:
I was hoping my first post would be a more positive one, but I am very disappointed with the delivery schedule. My wife and I looked at the Acadia for several weeks and finally decided to order one on April 27. Around May 1st the dealer called to say it had not been accepted and we may have to change to a '08. The next day they said no problem, it was accepted and it should be built the following week. Fast forward to today (6/4/07)......I called for an update and was told the tentative build date was June 11th!! Almost 7 weeks to get to the assembly line! [/color] :angryfire:

April 27th - ordered
June 11th - approx build date.
Delivery - unknown

Yours was ordered one day after mine. Ask your dealer what Code it is currently in. Mine is in Code 3300 which is Scheduled for Production. Code 3800 is produced (Order is built and VIN # shows in the Dealer Order System). It must reach Code 4200 before it is put on the transport to be delivered to the dealer. No one has been able to tell me how long it takes to move from Code 3300 to Code 3800 and then on to Code 4200. Code 5000 is Delivered to Dealer and Code 6000 is Delivered to Customer. Again I don't know the time frame moving through the various codes. Let's hope for the best! I know we are going to be pleased with the vehicle when (????) we ever get it!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
tschmut said:
FYI - We ordered on April 23rd and 2 weeks later got the word that ours would not be built. Having a hard time feeling sympathetic when you ordered days later and got accepted. We're still in limbo and don't even have a build date yet. You may want to consider yourself fortunate at this point.
:ditto:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tschmut said:

Your Right! However I will consider myself more fortunate when I receive it! I hope you hear something soon regarding your build date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
According http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_gm.asp:

Model GMC
2007 Initial Order
Acceptance
2007 Production Start
Up
2007 Final Order Due
Date
2008 Initial Order
Acceptance
2008 Production Start
Up

Acadia
8/17/2006
11/14/2006
3/30/2007
5/3/2007
6/18/2007

·
Registered
65 Posts
Years ago I worked for a sequencing company, basically we provided parts and pre-painted faschia to a GM plant JIT. Unless things have changed, color production of cars was pre-determined by GM long before orders were placed. Only so many cars of each color were produced in a given production year. Therefore, it may explain why a vehicle ordered by individual A in color X would arrive after a vehicle ordered by individual B in color Y.

If possible, the trick would be to pick a color not so desired. Then again, isn't that why you order a car rather than just pick one off the lot?

I ordered my Acadia last Friday June 8th. The dealer said 4 to 6 weeks. We'll see. I'll be thrilled to get it by July 27 as we leave for vacation that weekend.

Ordered liquid silver SLT-1

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm now at 9 weeks, 1 day...no vehicle in sight. ::)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Really quickly, I thought I'd add that the dealer's allocation has a lot to do with it. I've ordered 4 cars over the years, all GM, from a Corvette to an Acadia, and here is how I understand it:

You sell a large number of a type of vehicle, and GM gives you larger allocations than other dealers for that type of vehicle the next year. With Acadia being new, it was probably based on the closest platform sales. Say they allocate you 50 Acadias over the year. They are fairly spaced out amongst the build months, which may be 9-11 months or so (Acadia were a new model, so again, they really started in December 06 and will wrap up June 11 of 07). So, you are going to get 5-6 Acadias a month or so. At first, GM will ship you what they believe is easiest to produce and has the best chance of selling - you get no say on options. After a few weeks, you can begin to input orders for your allocation. If you have buyers that want to order, you can input it into the system if you have allocation, and it may or may not get picked up.

But here is the key- you may have some that are allocated for the upcoming weeks, but they have not yet been built and they are still in a status that allows changes. So your dealer input it weeks ago based upon whatever options they thought they could sell, and they may put your changes through before the changes are no longer allowed. Suddenly, you are on a less than 9 week delivery cycle, and someone else is effectively waiting for their dealer's allocation limits to allow the order to move to the next order status. Then you are looking at 9+ weeks possibly.

My wife and I picked up our Acadia on January 3. As one of the first of the lot, we had a number of problems that were individually small, but when they were added up and mixed with our unique situation created a major problem for us. To GM's credit, they bought our vehicle back, and we "placed our order" for our second Acadia on May 21, where the dealer modified an open order he'd submitted 6 weeks prior. I was notified this morning that our Acadia is on a truck and should be here Monday.

I know some of you may be frustrated, and believe me, I suffered from the flip side of this with my 99 Corvette convertible. If your situation is as I described (and I cannot be sure, YMMV), at least now you know and you can make decisions. I will say this - we LOVED our Acadia, and it has been a tough several weeks without it. When you get yours, you will be impressed - I am sure of that.

·
Registered
128 Posts
MuddyZ said:
Just so you guys know the wait is not something that is intentional. We are building around 750 of these cars a day. We have been working 9.5 hours a day 6 days a week for months and we can't keep up with orders. I almost wish there weren’t as many people wanting these cars as there are, working so much is just about killing me.
Keep up the good work :angel:

1 - 20 of 70 Posts