GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this morning I was on my way to work and I normally adjust the radio with the steering wheel controls. But instead I was going to use the controls on the radio and I apparently touched something and locked the radio. It shows a locked lock. Does anyone know how to unlock the radio? Does anyone know how to even lock the radio? I couldn't find anything about it, and of course it would be on a Saturday.

:help: Help.........Help............Help.............. it's too quiet.

08 Acadia SLE CD/DVD

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Could this be it? Here is what page 3-99 of the 2008 owner's manual says:
O(Power): Press to turn the radio on or off. Turn clockwise or counterclockwise to increase or decrease the volume. Press and hold for more than two seconds to turn off the entire radio and Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) system and to start the parental control feature. Parental control prevents the rear seat occupant from operating the Rear Seat Audio (RSA) system or remote control.
A lock symbol displays next to the clock display. The parental control feature remains on until you press and hold for more than two seconds again, or until the driver turns the ignition off and exits the vehicle.

Best guess at this point.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nice homework, Blue. I guess I should take another read of my owner's manual to learn more about what I'm driving! That would be a complete bummer to be on a road trip & accidentally lock the radio & not be able to figure it out again. I think a call to On Star to pick their brains would have been in order.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I'm old school. I tend to read the owner's manual of anything I buy. Of course, this is usually after I break modify something. :) In some cases like now for a computer motherboard, I read it before I buy it.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I tried the lock sequence on my 07; hold the power button for 2 seconds and a lock symbol appears. Press power again lock symbol goes away, but the radio does not turn on. Press power button again and you're rocking out to Glenn Campbell

"Like a rhinestone cowboy"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Needless to say when I went back to my vehicle and started it and turned the radio on it worked. Thanks for all input. I still have no idea how it happened, but my next step was OnStar to ponder their minds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts