GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
We are very interested in getting an '08 Acadia within the next month or so. I am pretty set on the Blue-Gold, but other than that, my only requirement is the 2nd row captain's chairs. The problem is - none of the dealerships close by have what I want. The GMC website doesn't make it easy to search for something specific. So...how do I find what I want? Should I go to the local dealer and tell them what I want and make them find it and get it?

How big of a deal is it to order exactly what you want? The one dealership we mentioned it to acted like it was near-impossible. Of course, I know they'd rather sell something off the lot, but unless they have exactly what I want (or even close), that's not going to work.

Also, when you order an Acadia, how do the negotiations work? Do you just agree on a price before the order is placed? Can you still negotiate the price or are special orders different? What sort of deposit do they require to order?

Sorry for all the questions...this is all new to me! Thanks!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Usually a dealer will do a dealer trade, but if Acadia's are in short supply in your area that may not be the case. If you live near a large city, try calling the different dealers and seeing what their stock is. Beware some dealers will lie just to get you in the door. You might ask for the sales manager as they might be a little more accountable.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you want to tell us where you're located, maybe somebody can spot one close to you.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I personally chose to order my vehicle because there wasn't anything around that was built exactly like I wanted it. The buying process for me was exactly like every other car purchase I've ever done, but instead of coming home with a vehicle, I came home with a piece of paper with my order details on it. What I mean by that, is I test drove what they had on the lot, sat down with them and chose out the options I wanted, and then started haggling with them on the price. My sales guy started out the negotiations at Invoice price and then we went from there. After we agreed to a price on the Acadia, then we started talking about what they might give me for my current vehicle if I decided to trade it instead of sell it 3rd party.

I couldn't have been happier with the process I went through for ordering and I should take delivery in approximately a week (or maybe sooner if I'm lucky).

Good luck!
K

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ordering is not hard, if you have a good dealer, and anymore isn't taking TOO long.

As for finding a specific one...go to a dealer, simply put. They have a computer system set up much differently than what you can get online with GMC.com, and can essentially enter a distance range and enter specifically what you WANT and DON'T WANT, colors, options, etc., and see what exactly matches that criteria and is available.

We did this^^ with our current Suburban--knew what we wanted, and that no one had it, but it was at the end of the model year and just went to the dealer and we had a few exact matches in minutes. Just visit a dealer, tell them you want a specific one and want to see what they can find, and go inside to the system with them--if you can find the right one (not hard), they can either swap or you can just then go directly to that dealer. And, in the end, you get just what you want, without any wait of ordering.

·
Registered
370 Posts
First I went to the dealer and test drove. After I made my choice to buy I went online to get quotes from several dealers. This worked out well for me, as soon as one dealer found out another was lower they started to cut their prices too. In the meantime I had a couple of the dealers looking for the exact vehicle I wanted...2008 SLT2 AWD, Blue-Gold w/ Ebony int., Sunroof and tow. Both came back w/ the same response..no exact match within several hundred miles. So I knew I would have to order one. I was down to the two dealers, one was stuck on $300 over invoice and would not budge. The other was $700 lower, however, he stated the MSRP price of the vehicle could go up while it's in production. Now, this is a true statement. I stated that it wasn't my problem and he either locks in the price or there is no incentive for me to buy from him. He wouldn't do it...said "My dealership isn't going to eat the cost." Uh, yeah..right..he isn't "eating" anything. SO, I called his boss and 5 minutes later the guy calls me back saying he would lock in the price...in writing. I went down there, got it in writing..gave them a check for a $500 deposit and placed my order. That was 11/2. Still has not been picked up for build yet. They say 5 to 8 weeks, however, someone told me the plant goes down for a bit over Christmas so it could be longer. Must say, it's kill'in me waiting on this. I'm so excited!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts