GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my friends got an SLE as loaner car for her Beemer. How are they getting the Acadias? It was white with the grey cloth. I've never seen the cloth, it looked very nice!

·
Registered
730 Posts
maybe from a car rental.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Eewww....the cloth - my sister got a loaner Acadia when her Honda was in the shop and I spent the day with her - we hated the cloth seats. It was summit white with the black cloth - it was so meshy and rough, not at all plush or comfortable. We were both very disappointed.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Mama2girls+ababy! said:
Eewww....the cloth - my sister got a loaner Acadia when her Honda was in the shop and I spent the day with her - we hated the cloth seats. It was summit white with the black cloth - it was so meshy and rough, not at all plush or comfortable. We were both very disappointed.
:-\

I couldn't afford a fancy pants SLT with leather seats, so I had no choice but cloth. But I really don't mind. I like them. My dogs like them. I would fear for leather seats with two cattle dogs in the car anyway. My only complaint about the cloth is that it really knows how to weave in the dog hair making it a real chore to vacuum the car. :mad:

Question: Did the rental have the bench seat in the back or the captain's chairs? Prior to purchasing mine, I did look at an SLE with a bench seat and I personally thought it looked "cheap". IMO the captain's chairs look so much better.

The Enterprise agency associated with my dealership has rental Acadias and Outlooks available too. Not many, but they do. :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
mckcab said:
One of my friends got an SLE as loaner car for her Beemer. How are they getting the Acadias? It was white with the grey cloth. I've never seen the cloth, it looked very nice!
I like the cloth. Nice and comfy. :)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It had the captain's chairs. I like having the leather, but I don't have anything against the cloth. I thought it looked nice in gray. It was actually darker than the leather. I understand about the large dogs. I have two boxers and when they crawl up on my leather seats I cringe. (and then yell at one of my kids!! :drunk:)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I got the SLT for the heated seats and accepted the leather as a requirement to get the heated seats. If the cloth had heated seats as an option like the Torrent does, then I would have the cloth. I actually tolerate the leather.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I have had so many cars with leather and it never holds up as well as the cloth does. This wasn't true years ago, but now with the synthetics that are woven into the cloth I find it much more durable and comfortable. I always would treat the leather in my cars, but it would still crack or spilt after a while.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The rental one my sister had was a bench.

off topic, sort of, and always a fun debate....cloth or leather! As for cloth or leather, my previous Hondas have always had a plush velvety for lack of a better word upholstery. I guess I just don't care for the super high tech rough synthetic weave seats and prefer the former style I mentioned. I know they are more popular now, and in a lot of rugged style vehicles, like Jeeps and FJ Cruisers and Elements but I personally don't care for it. But, I could see how it can hold up better for certain needs, like pets that are in the car a lot or a lot of adventure/outdoor use. Glad we have choices, right?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Oh, some would beg to differ! Just kidding. I don't drink it often but when I do it is Diet Coke. My husband can go either way.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mama2girls+ababy! said:
Oh, some would beg to differ! Just kidding. I don't drink it often but when I do it is Diet Coke. My husband can go either way.
I'm a regular Coke guy. But last year the doctor said I needed to cut back on sugar. Since then, I've discovered that in the diet varieties, I prefer Pepsi.

PS Took the Pepsi challenge 25 years ago and missed my opportunity for TV time when I flunked the taste test. LOL

·
Registered
362 Posts
I prefer leather because I can get in and out of the car while refueling without setting myself on fire.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My husband can go either way....but NEVER diet. he can't even chew sugarless gum. He gags at the aftertaste of aspartame. Luckily he still weighs 165 lbs....and struggles to maintain that, he loses easily. I don't get it.

Rudy, I have said you remind me of my dad before in your picture. Anyway, my dad is a Lime Diet Coke guy. Also, he loves Diet Rite - he says it is the miracle soda - no calories, no sugar, no sodium, no caffeine, he is not quite sure what is in it at all.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You are going to get in trouble again for hijacking threads!!! hehehe.... yes, we told them a couple of weeks ago. We went to dinner and I made a little story book for my older daughter to read to my younger daughter. It was cute - each page represented a calendar item or milestone before the baby comes. "After Halloween.... After Thanksgiving....After Christmas....etc. until the May when it said "but before the end of 1st grade and before preschool is over but before it gets hot again you are both going to be big sisters because we are going to have a baby!" They are so excited. There were some rides I didn't do at Disney and the girls wanted to make sure the rides would not make the baby sick.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I know you are considerably younger and taller I think (Dad is 5'6" and 59 years old) but seriously, one quick glance at your avatar picture, even the full size one in another thread and my entire family says "that's grandpa!"

Totally off topic, but I need to vent.... My dad is kind of pissing me off right now. He is not being a proper Grandfather and my poor kids don't recognize it - they deserve better. Grrr.... my sister and I were just talking about it. I am sure none of you would ever do this but my "more mature" forum friends, -- don't be a bad grandfather. For instance, if you drop over at 6:30pm just to check out the new van because you were in the neighborhood to stop by Arby's for some dinner and your daughter and son in law are on the way out the door to go to your oldest granddaughter's school concert and your oldest daughter is incredibly apologetic because they can't stop to show the van and she feels terrible that she forgot to give you the concert info but really, she has been in charge of the school carnival and just that morning got back from a family vacation at 3am and came back sick and really, she is so sorry she didn't let you know. When she asks if you can go ahead and come, hop in the van, it will be less than an hour, we would love to have you, don't just say "Oh, that's OK - Debbie (creepy step-mom/new wife) is gone tonight and I went to hit a couple of buckets of balls after work and I am probably all stinky and I need to eat my Arby's so maybe another time."

I was so irritated the whole drive over to the concert - my husband was mad, I told my sister and we just added it to another in the long list of crappy grandpa things he as done. He and my mom moved to AZ to be close to the grandkids. Then my mom died and he remarried and it has gone down hill from there.

Back on topic...it is interesting that so many other makes of cars are ending up with Acadias as their rental while in the shop! My sister's requirement was that the rental they gave her seated as many has her van. She was told she was getting a Yukon. She did say the Acadia was fun to drive, even if we didn't like the cloth upholstery!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts