GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the kid hauler that rolls behind the bikes. It's not made to fold down like our baby jogger so to haul it, it either takes up the whole back area or you put it on a bike rack like we did. All the attachments are located inside the burley. Not a weight issue, just a bulk issue. Bike rack swing arm was being taxed though... (Burley wasn't light loaded with all the stuff).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Would have thought you'd do better than 16.7 mpg, even haul'in all the stuff you were haul'in.... ??? ???

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, well that was "true" DIC mileage. I didn't separate "city miles" from Hwy. I cleared it at start and looked at it again when we got home. It is what it is. Don't believe the hype. Believe the DIC...

·
Registered
131 Posts
WOW - thanks for these pics! I'm a newb to the board and we're at the final stages of deciding on the Acadia. We have 2 dogs - about the same size as yours, no kids (yet), and envision hauling virtually everything you've got. I'm rather disappointed at the lack of roof-rack options and overall attachment fitting/flexibility. Even on our much smaller Ford Escape, I can get a storage box and 2 bike trays (fork mounted, with bikes facing opposite directions).

I guess I had assumed with such a larger vehicle compared to what we already had, that there wouldn't be any issues at all. Glad you had posted all of this - I'll have to do a bit more research before we drop the cash!

·
Registered
108 Posts
mtnbound said:
WOW - thanks for these pics! I'm a newb to the board and we're at the final stages of deciding on the Acadia. We have 2 dogs - about the same size as yours, no kids (yet), and envision hauling virtually everything you've got. I'm rather disappointed at the lack of roof-rack options and overall attachment fitting/flexibility. Even on our much smaller Ford Escape, I can get a storage box and 2 bike trays (fork mounted, with bikes facing opposite directions).

I guess I had assumed with such a larger vehicle compared to what we already had, that there wouldn't be any issues at all. Glad you had posted all of this - I'll have to do a bit more research before we drop the cash!
If you use the same width bars as you used on the escape then why can't you fit the same number of attachments on top of the Acadia? There shouldn't be any difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts