·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-Engine went into limp mode and CEL light came on. Threw the following codes:
P0752 - Shift Solenoid "A" stuck on
P0300 - Random Cylinder misfire
P0137 - O2 sensor circuit low voltage bank 1 sensor 02

Next morning it was able to drive but CEL still on. Took to closest dealer who at first told me the transmission probably need to be replaced and it would be $2-$3K minimum. When I questioned him using info I found on this forum and asked about shift solenoid or the TECM - he said he would have his "advanced" tech take another look at it and call me back. Calls me back and says, they now think it's the Transmission Control Module that needs to be replaced. (hmmm)

$1900 later they replaced the TECM and flushed/replaced the Trans fluid.

1 Day later I'm driving it home and I notice the engine shuddering when shifting under load (usually going up a hill around 20-30mph)

Over the next couple weeks it gets worse and it now does it consistently every time I drive it - even at different speeds (highway over 55 when climbing too)

The original dealer I took it to is 2 hours away so I'm taking it to another dealer, who I now have to pay the $160 diagnostic fee to again. Very frustrating.

Any suggestions if this could be something with how it was programmed? Or another issue all together? I've been reading posts here about the shudder and it sounds like a hard one to pin down.

It WAS NOT shuddering before this all happened and I brought it to the first dealer to repair.

Thanks very much in advance.. this forum has been super helpful.

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
It appears the last repair only addressed one of the trouble codes (shift solenoid), but not the codes which could be related to a running problem. Were these codes cleared by the tech? Have the codes returned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum.
It appears the last repair only addressed one of the trouble codes (shift solenoid), but not the codes which could be related to a running problem. Were these codes cleared by the tech? Have the codes returned?
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by "cleared". I no longer get a check engine light so does that mean they are cleared? I'm not sure if they were investigated or not.. I assume he thought they were all related to the TECM issue? LMK what I should ask them. I also have a code reader that I can hook up to see if they are still coming up. I just assumed with no CEL they were not re-occurring.

·
Super Moderator
22,459 Posts
I'm going to guess the codes were cleared (erased from memory) by the tech when they did the work since you say there's no CEL illuminated. Whether or not those codes were addressed should be annotated on your repair order (work receipt). Sometimes a shudder like you describe is caused by carbon buildup on intake valves and in cylinder heads of these engines. The condition doesn't always set a trouble code, either. A good first measure would be cleaning the deposits, adding some injector cleaner to your fuel tank, running the vehicle on a good highway trip (100-200 miles if possible), and evaluating any change in performance afterward. You'll find instructions for DIY cleaning of those carbon deposits in this forum and all over the 'net. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to guess the codes were cleared (erased from memory) by the tech when they did the work since you say there's no CEL illuminated. Whether or not those codes were addressed should be annotated on your repair order (work receipt). Sometimes a shudder like you describe is caused by carbon buildup on intake valves and in cylinder heads of these engines. The condition doesn't always set a trouble code, either. A good first measure would be cleaning the deposits, adding some injector cleaner to your fuel tank, running the vehicle on a good highway trip (100-200 miles if possible), and evaluating any change in performance afterward. You'll find instructions for DIY cleaning of those carbon deposits in this forum and all over the 'net. Let us know how it turns out.
I will give that a try and report back. thanks so much for the advice.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have you checked your transmission fluid level after they did the repair? Overfill or underfill, even by a small amount, can cause torque converter shudder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts