GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new SLT2 has been built for three weeks now according to our dealer. Our dealer says their hands are tied.....but for three weeks they keep telling us it will be here this date, then this date, then that date. It's been in transit the entire time the dealer says and that they have no way of knowing when it will get here until it arrives to the loading dock from the train. Really does it take three weeks on train from Lansig to Oregon? Come on! I think GM needs a better tracking system for their dealers. I guess I let my hopes get to high when they said it was built and should receive it within a week of being built :banghead:

Is my dealer feeding me a line of bull that they really can't see where it is after transit status code....3 weeks r u kidding.

I hate to keep calling them a being a nuisance, I think their starting to get pissed at me

:(

·
Registered
65 Posts
It's true - once it goes off the factory lot and header for a truck or train, the only thing the GM systems know is that it is "in transit". It could probably be tracked through the shippers system, but there is no query that does that. It would be a waste anyway - it won't get there any sooner if you know it's on a rail siding in East Podunk. And if its on a train it will be dropped at some regional storage lot with a zillion other GM cars until a truck picks it up for delivery to your dealer.

Whoever told you it would be there in a week was smoking something you don't want to know about. Let me guess... it was salesman?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Look at the positive side, your warranty time hasn't started yet.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very true...but we just picked it up last night. The dealer showed us the paperwork from GM. It had a completion date of December 21st and then delivery date of January 7th. The dealer has no way of tracking it other than what GM says. The plant needs to do a better job at informing the dealers. I think they need to have a tracking system (via the internet) for the customers rather than us having to contact the dealer and us being a pain. It just so happened our dealer was given bogus info from GM and then of course our hopes were raised and then smashed. Poor job on GM's part I say.

·
Registered
284 Posts
YES, they do need an online tracking system, etc.

From the day you place an order, you should be able to log onto a GM site, see the window sticker for the vehicle you ordered, and then also have live feedback of what stage it's in. Then, when built, get an alert or something, followed by tracking information for the vehicle.

If you can order something for $5 online and get all of this and more....you should definitely be able to get the same or better, especially in an internet age, when you spend $20-30-40-50k, etc. on a new vehicle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exactly...when GM sends me my survey questionaire, I will definitely suggest that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts