GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I cannot take another round of "Finding Nemo"!!! We were assuming that since the kids have the wireless headphones that they would be able to listen to their movie in the backseat and we could listen to XM..........however, it seems that is not possible and we must listen to whatever DVD they are watching, or put the headphones on them and sit in silence.

Is this really our only choice??????

We got the drop down DVD player, if we add the headrest DVD players, would this be different? We frequently are on the road traveling to doctor appointments about 3 hours away (kids with major medical issues), and I cannot imagine that I must listen to their movies the whole way down to LA!!

Please save me! :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
You have 2 choices:
1: When radio on and screen down, hit DVD button on radio upfront...this activates DVD and headphones. Once DVD is on, hit Band button to listen to cd/xm/radio/dvd.
2: Have kids turn on power to rear console. Factory headphones will listen to source selected...so set to DVD source. ( Headphones can be toggled between rear console source and dashboard sources).

Speakers are only powered by dashboard source.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Assuming that you have the factory DVD system, I can say for sure that if the rear power is on activating the headsets, and the front source is set to XM, that the kids will hear the Movie through the headsets and the adults will hear the XM through the front speakers. When in this mode the rear speakers are disabled. Note: There is a switch on the headset that may need switched to pick the DVD input.

We have done this for 3 or 4 trips now and so I am 100% sure that it works on mine and should also work on yours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whew! I knew there was a way to do it!! Thanks so much! ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I just figured it out and wanted to post step by step what I had to do so future readers will have it spelled out (I am lame and it took me a few minutes, even with the above great suggestions!)

1. Put down screen, turn on the DVD player.
2. Put power to back console by pressing power button on backside of driver's center console.
3.. Turn on wireless headphones, adjust side switch between 1 and 2 to find channel movie is on.
4. Hit the "music" button on the right, on the front display.
5. Touch the screen on the "turn off rear speakers" button.
6. Listen to whatever I want!!!! Whoo hoo!

Thank you guys! You are WAAAAAAAAY more helpful than the salesmen who don't have a clue about this stuff!

·
Registered
25 Posts
thanks for the step by step instructions... I just got my Acadia this week... and I am going to try it out soon. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, I just figured it out and wanted to post step by step what I had to do so future readers will have it spelled out (I am lame and it took me a few minutes, even with the above great suggestions!)

1. Put down screen, turn on the DVD player.
2. Put power to back console by pressing power button on backside of driver's center console.
3.. Turn on wireless headphones, adjust side switch between 1 and 2 to find channel movie is on.
4. Hit the "music" button on the right, on the front display.
5. Touch the screen on the "turn off rear speakers" button.
6. Listen to whatever I want!!!! Whoo hoo!

Thank you guys! You are WAAAAAAAAY more helpful than the salesmen who don't have a clue about this stuff!
Does this work when using the HDMI option instead of DVD?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts