GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone...

I have searched this site everywhere this morning for a list of recall's and service bulletins. I'm trying to track down all the GM Codes so when I pick up my Acadia in a few days I know what I'm talking about...

Here is what I have found...

07058-----Transmission

07073-----Seat Update

07008-----Air Inlet Panel to Windshield Gap

07074-----Inspect and replace if necessary the console mounted switch housing on certain Outlook/Acadias. The switches in reference are those mounted directly in front of the shift lever (heated seats, tow/haul. traction off, liftgate). The procedure describes manually cycling each switch five times testing for any sign of binding or sticking. If binding or sticking is present, the housing (not the switches) is to be replaced.

07043-----Airbag Module


I thought there were 2 Tranny updates...but I can only find one. I need some help!

I think more people besides me would want to pick up their new Acadia's and make sure the dealership fixes all these items before we sign papers and leave the dealers lot.

Does anyone know where they are all listed or if I am missing anything?

THANK YOU!!!! :help:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
My list is the same as yours. I pick up my Acadia today, so I emailed my salesman with this same list last night and asked to ensure the fixes are all applied before I get there. But I'll be watching your thread very closely in case I missed something too!

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Since your vehicle is just now coming in, some of these items may already be fixed. I picked up mine last Monday. It has a build date of 01/07 (was a late arrival due to rail strike.) My dealer ran the VIN number and only found 2 open recall campaigns - the transmission one and something about the liftgate???? I need to do further research on the forum to see what the liftgate problem is all about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
The service department just called and told me there are no outstanding recalls on mine, so I would assume all others being produced have nothing to worry about. Not sure of the exact build date - sometime after 3/15 (it was at 3400 then).

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
yeazel said:
The service department just called and told me there are no outstanding recalls on mine, so I would assume all others being produced have nothing to worry about. Not sure of the exact build date - sometime after 3/15 (it was at 3400 then).

Steve
I hope they have a pretty good system for tracking that. That is, when mine comes in I don't want to just assume all the recalls have been done just because nothing shows up under the VIN. But I guess I'll have to. New builds (after the recalls) probably don't track anywhere that tranny was updated, airbag, air inlet, etc. I'm assuming it'll just be blank in regards to any recalls. I don't want any to fall through the cracks and get missed!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
stevemel said:
My dealer ran the VIN number and only found 2 open recall campaigns - the transmission one and something about the liftgate???? I need to do further research on the forum to see what the liftgate problem is all about.
I just had mine in for recall repairs yesterday and only those two showed up. The "liftgate" one is for the power seats, liftgate and the intermediate shaft (grabbed that from another post). My dealer already did the airbag update before I bought the vehicle. They've been doing the updates on any Acadias they take possession of before putting them out on the lot for sale. I bought mine before the transmission one and liftgate one were released.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I had 7043 (airbag) done while I was signing papers on the day of delivery -- I wonder if I can assume that 7008 (air inlet) was already done since it's w-a-y lower numerically (chronologically?).

Does anyone know what build date the 7008 recall is applicable up to, and what the added part might look like if I pop my hood to check?

I'm hoping to get in to the dealer later this week; when I called last week they still had no info on the 7073 and I'm hoping to have them all done at once...

Cheers,
Drew
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Does anyone know of an official website that lists all recalls and TSBs? mygmlink doesn't seem to be a trustworthy place for this info. It would be good to know where to go to keep up with these...

Gills - I had 07008 done to my car when I took it in two weeks ago. I can see on the invoice that a part was needed/added, but I have NO idea where it is or what it looks like...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
admin said:
Does anyone know of an official website that lists all recalls and TSBs? mygmlink doesn't seem to be a trustworthy place for this info. It would be good to know where to go to keep up with these...

Gills - I had 07008 done to my car when I took it in two weeks ago. I can see on the invoice that a part was needed/added, but I have NO idea where it is or what it looks like...?
In MyGMlink I have had to click on the 2007 GMC Acadia-new page, then click repair & maintenance which opens a drop down box, and then click recalls. It shows all the recalls but no info on what they are about.

Intresting that it now shows 4 recalls:
#07043
#07058
#07073
#07074-NEW?[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Racefla said:
admin said:
Does anyone know of an official website that lists all recalls and TSBs? mygmlink doesn't seem to be a trustworthy place for this info. It would be good to know where to go to keep up with these...

Gills - I had 07008 done to my car when I took it in two weeks ago. I can see on the invoice that a part was needed/added, but I have NO idea where it is or what it looks like...?
In MyGMlink I have had to click on the 2007 GMC Acadia-new page, then click repair & maintenance which opens a drop down box, and then click recalls. It shows all the recalls but no info on what they are about.

Intresting that it now shows 4 recalls:
#07043
#07058
#07073
#07074-NEW?[/color]
new on my mygmlink.com page as well.

this is why I'm holding out on 7073. Since that one sounded more like a "just in case", I figured I'd wait for the other "just in case" issues to happen before taking the time to take it back to the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Re: List of all the Recalls and Service Bulletins

Hey Pelle31 -- that's my problem, I keep "saving up" the recalls and I'm at the point where I'm getting REALLY frustrated (at myself of course) with the transmission issue...

I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just get done whatever they can do on the day I go in -- hmmm, Friday sounds good...

Then I'll be able so take the "soon" out of my sig as well -- can't see needing those mats much longer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Re: List of all the Recalls and Service Bulletins

Gills said:
Hey Pelle31 -- that's my problem, I keep "saving up" the recalls and I'm at the point where I'm getting REALLY frustrated (at myself of course) with the transmission issue...

I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just get done whatever they can do on the day I go in -- hmmm, Friday sounds good...

Then I'll be able so take the "soon" out of my sig as well -- can't see needing those mats much longer...
I already had the airbag and transmission recall work done. Didn't want to wait on those. I'm just holding out on the 7073 currently. And now 7074 it seems.....whatever that is
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Same here Pelle31 - I'll get the official recall notifications sticky thread updated with these new recalls and info. If anyone finds out more info about 07074, let us know so we can get details added for that one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I've made an appointment for Friday -- the service manager says he'll do the 7058, 7073 and 7074 then. He didn't know what the 7074 was, so I think he's being over-ambitious...

He did check for the 7008 in GMVIS*; said it doesn't show as an 'open' recall for my car, so it's either been done or doesn't apply.

I'll let you know what the 7074 recall's all about after my appointment...

Cheers!

* GMVIS = GM Vehicle Information System; GM's in-house vehicle database. Can access all specs, recalls, warranty work and other shop work done at GM dealers, based on your VIN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
125 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm totally confused as to what is a recall and what is a tecnical service bulletin. It would be nice if our Mods could create a sticky listing each recall with the campaign number and each TSB with the appropriate number and description. I think alot of people are calling TSB's a recall and it's getting confusing. Then again I'm confused already! :banghead:

I logged on to the My Saturn website and my vin shows no outstanding recalls (I've already had the airbag one done) and I've alson had the tranny done when it was a TSB. Is that a recall now also?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
7074 = Inspect and replace if necessary the console mounted switch housing on certain Outlook/Acadias. The switches in reference are those mounted directly in front of the shift lever (heated seats, tow/haul. traction off, liftgate). The procedure describes manually cycling each switch five times testing for any sign of binding or sticking. If binding or sticking is present, the housing (not the switches) is to be replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
JimDandy said:
7074 = Inspect and replace if necessary the console mounted switch housing on certain Outlook/Acadias.
Aha! JimDandy to the rescue again. Thanks for the update.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
JimDandy needs to be the keeper of the Recall/TSB thread! ;) Thanks for the info, JD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
492 Posts
Jim Dandy has been handy ;D

I had mentioned the Black Oak Arkansas song a while back and was rewarded Sat night when it was played on Smoke Stack (XM12)
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top