GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is a list of factory build changes that have happened during the 2009 model year? I've seen lists like these on the Corvette forums - for example, with VIN breakpoints - but not here so far.

We're pretty seriously considering an Acadia and found 2 identical ones at a dealer - one before the price increase (with heated washer fluid) and one after the increase (without heated fluid). I can't decide if I want to live with the fused wire "fix" for the washer fluid and was curious if any other changes might help our decision.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I don't know if it will list all the changes, and some of the info can be kind of confusing to decipher, but you can go here: http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2009&regionID=1, work your way to the Acadia Home Page, and look for the Distribution Updates tab. It will list the production changes for the vehicle. I don't know exactly how accurate it is though as it still lists the Acadia as having a 4500 lb towing capacity with the trailering package (It's 5200 lbs now IIRC).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! I had looked through that before, and I agree. Some of the entries look like notation changes to the guide rather than actual production changes.

I was hoping to find all the little stuff that doesn't normally get published. Nothing that would sway a purchase decision but would be nice if I were choosing between a few VINs.

Off the subject, but how do you like your Brick interior? My wife is interested but we'd have to see it in person first. The salesperson said they just flat won't order any Brick examples for stock, so we're looking for people's opinions and trying to find one to go look at.

Thanks,
Wayne

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe if you search the forum under "heated washer fluid" you will read that only 3 Acadia's are affected by the fluid recall. Your dealer can also check for you. If there are identical (except for fluid) Acadia's and one is lower priced it should be clear which to buy ::)

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
pruchway said:
Off the subject, but how do you like your Brick interior? My wife is interested but we'd have to see it in person first. The salesperson said they just flat won't order any Brick examples for stock, so we're looking for people's opinions and trying to find one to go look at.

Thanks,
Wayne
We love the Brick interior, even after a year + of ownership. Our first impression when we saw it in person was, "Wow, that sure is different." But looking at it more and more it just kind of grew on us. I think it looks more sporty than either the titanium or ebony interiors, more like you would see on a European sports sedan or the like. Our dealer was the same as your salesperson when we ordered ours, they wouldn't order any in as stock orders.

I really dislike red interiors, but this is different. It's not red or orange, more like a basketball brown. I'd get it again if we had to do it over. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts