GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Been a member for a few days and while I try to search for answers, I come across links to other posts and when I click on them they all take me to the main page. I even try to search for the link and the same happens.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,419 Posts
seen that too.
this began to appear after they did the change to the new software for the website.

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
That's something I've encountered from time to time for the last several years. It started before the change to this format. Don't know of a way to fix it, either. Hopefully, you'll find enough helpful information in threads which are still viewable.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Hello, Been a member for a few days and while I try to search for answers, I come across links to other posts and when I click on them they all take me to the main page. I even try to search for the link and the same happens.
Any suggestions?
Sometimes. . . logging out and then log in with the "Stay Logged In" box checked will fix that.

Then, when done here on the site, just log out manually,

·
Banned
614 Posts
It seemed to have helped "sometimes" when I experienced it. . . . YMMV.
No harm in trying it. (y)

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
Thanks all,
Didn't know if something was wrong on my end or not.
You're welcome. I've found the same thing happens when a thread like that shows up in a google search. Must have been some weird archive thing for expired or redirected threads whenever forum software got upgraded (which has been many times). It happens with some links posted in active threads, too. When that occurs, use the 'back arrow' on your browser to return to the previous page you were viewing at the time, unless the link takes you to a new tab in the browser.

·
Administrator
172 Posts
Can I have examples of this? Links and/or screen shots?
This can happen for a variety of reasons, but I want to ensure I address the relevant reasons :)

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
172 Posts
Hmmm, I'll have to dig into this, as these are different than any of the current 4 tracked issues I am aware of. This hopefully means the fix is easy, but I will work to getting this looked at.

Luckily since both have the same link type once we fix one, both of these will be resolved.

-Gerrit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts