GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just noticed the other night that only my outside lights are working just like this (OX XO) ??? anybody else with these problem, i guess i'll take to the dealer

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you have the HID option then during the day the inside lights will be on (they are dedicated daytime running lights) and the outside will be off. at night the outside lights will be on and the inside will be off, just as you described. this includes when you turn the brights on which simply increases the intensity of the outside lights. I suspect you have HID and nothing at all is wrong with your vehicle. Acadia's without the HID option operate differently.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
canyonblue737 said:
If you have the HID option then during the day the inside lights will be on (they are dedicated daytime running lights) and the outside will be off. at night the outside lights will be on and the inside will be off, just as you described. this includes when you turn the brights on which simply increases the intensity of the outside lights. I suspect you have HID and nothing at all is wrong with your vehicle. Acadia's without the HID option operate differently.
i'll take a look at at it today, but i think you are right. :thumb:

·
Registered
54 Posts
My wife also told me that she noticed during the day (when daytime running lights are on) when she uses the turn signal, the daytime running lights turn off on the side you are turning. I never noticed, but she said she was behind a shiny truck and saw that happen on the reflection on the back of the truck. Interesting.. ???

·
Registered
119 Posts
alvam said:
My wife also told me that she noticed during the day (when daytime running lights are on) when she uses the turn signal, the daytime running lights turn off on the side you are turning. I never noticed, but she said she was behind a shiny truck and saw that happen on the reflection on the back of the truck. Interesting.. ???
It's completely normal. The DRL is so close to the turn signal that it masks the turn signal's visibility when both lights are on, so the DRL turns off to make the turn signal more visible.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I could not stand the look of having 1 bulb out with the signal light on (late model dodge trucks do this also). I pulled my DRL fuses to disable them. The DRL lights are too dim and yellow for my liking anyway. My park lights are now my DRL's now.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The DRL turning off when the turn signal is on is standard on the HID equipped Acadia. because the HID acaida's have their DRL inside near the turn signal there was concern the brightness of the DRL masked the flashing of the turn signal during the day, the solution is to turn off that side of the DRL until the turn signal is turned off. If you have NON-HID acaida's because the DRL is actually using the outside normal light as opposed to a dedicated DRL the light is farther from the turn signal and does not need to turn off. MANY, MANY interesting differences in headlights between the HID and non-HID acadia's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
gmtech77 said:
I could not stand the look of having 1 bulb out with the signal light on (late model dodge trucks do this also). I pulled my DRL fuses to disable them. The DRL lights are too dim and yellow for my liking anyway. My park lights are now my DRL's now.
Do you mind sending me your VIN number so when the park bulb burns out early I don't get dinged on the warranty? ;D

The reason why there are different DRL locations on the Acaida is because of concerns of using the turn signal and have the potential for having premature failures on the turn bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts