GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acadia 3.6L AWD Trim: All Terrain
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have upgraded my headlight bulbs and still not happy with GMC's inferior single bulb headlight design...

I am in the north country so lighting is important for night driving. I am mounting a light bar on the front of my 2019 Acadia. :cool:

Has anyone done this on their Acadia? I want to wire into the high beams with an over ride switch. Where is the best place to pull power from the high beam wire to switch the relay on?

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
789 Posts
Take a look at the “2019 V6 Block Heater” thread. 907POW uses a Vision X 20” curved lightbar that’s fits in the grill like butter. Look amazing and he’s posted a few pics as well. I looked up these Vision X light bars and they are a tad on the expensive side but really seem to be worth it. We all know that cheaper is never better!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tip! That looks great!

I just got a 20 inch 100W and was thinking about mounting it there in the grill. But I thought it would look to *******. It actually looks pretty sharp the way it fits...

·
Super Moderator
23,548 Posts
Taxi! TAXI!!

Reactions: Jmbjr0930

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Take a look at the “2019 V6 Block Heater” thread. 907POW uses a Vision X 20” curved lightbar that’s fits in the grill like butter. Look amazing and he’s posted a few pics as well. I looked up these Vision X light bars and they are a tad on the expensive side but really seem to be worth it. We all know that cheaper is never better!!
Could you post a link to that thread? Will be easier to find it. Tks !

·
Registered
665 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Thanks. . yeah. . I just found it by eliminating the "V6" with a search.

Otherwise . . if comes up with all sorts of threads.

·
Registered
2018 Quicksilver Metallic Jet Black Leather SLT-1 Tow Package
789 Posts
Could you post a link to that thread? Will be easier to find it. Tks !
Hey, sorry was out shopping for a laptop for the teenager currently trying to run stuff at my house!! That was an awesome hour car ride. Anyway, thanks wrekliss for having my six and getting that out there.

·
Registered
665 Posts
No prob, got you covered. Just having one of my weekly disagreement discussions with divotdug (I think he enjoys it).

I still think that running a 20" or less lightbar will not shine enough light to feel confident in driving in total darkness. But 50", yessir, that will light up EVERYTHING!

Aquarium Auto part Aquarium lighting Windshield Glass

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha yes a 50" is definitely more light. I run big ones on some of my equipment so I agree with you there. More light the better.

But on my Acadia I'm going 20" single to not look too offroad-ish and not attract more attention from the law than necessary. Its 100W so it does put out a lot of light. I think it will be enough for what I'm using it for.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Starting off small can be a good thing. And it is a cheaper investment. But I think you will get it, try it out for a few weeks, then come back and ask where you can get a 50 for a good price. :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
They run around $300 and I like Raxiom but just about any manufacturer that uses CREE bulbs is your best bet. They are THE best when it comes to LED technology. More expensive but well worth it. I run CREE all over the house, my parents house, and my sisters house. Once you go CREE, everything else is $hitty. lol

This one comes with a cover to prevent any legal problems. Depending on your state, usually any aftermarket lighting that is covered is legal.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Oh I can show you one that costs $12,000 but that's ridiculous!

I would say to order from say AmericanTrucks.com and pay the shipping up there. It will save you overall money and your getting a high quality piece. They are in PA and you can calculate shipping on the website. Still will be cheaper than $1000+ !!!

In the meantime, somebody should probably measure the windshield to see if it really is 50 inches.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just checked that out. Thanks for the research.

By the time it was landed here with exchange rates and shipping it'd be $600 for me.

American automotive is often a fraction of our Canadian prices.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.