GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone or know if this is possible.
I, unfortunately, have to drive 180 miles (309 Kms) down a gravel road to get home. I know what you are all thinking. No it's not my driveway. lol
In Northern Manitoba it's the last part of my drive home. The tires that came with the vehicle have worked out well, as the vehicle only goes on the road 4 times a year but I want to lift it 2-3 inches to get the extra ground clearance.
This last trip the gravel was especially soft and it bottomed out twice at 20 mph.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
20,134 Posts
I don't believe anyone has been successful locating a lift kit for the Lambda platform. :search: this and the other forums to see if you can find your info.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Not a good idea even if you could find a lift kit. Makes too much change in geometry. Could cause dangerous situation.

George

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GeorgeC said:
Not a good idea even if you could find a lift kit. Makes too much change in geometry. Could cause dangerous situation.

George
I doubt that. Many vehicles have lift kits to absolutely no harm. Tire upgrade, and height of vehicle, when not dramatic, cause very few issues. Look at the Jeep, Truck and vehicles. I'm not racing the Lamda but making it safe to drive my roads.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Northerntech said:
I doubt that. Many vehicles have lift kits to absolutely no harm. Tire upgrade, and height of vehicle, when not dramatic, cause very few issues. Look at the Jeep, Truck and vehicles. I'm not racing the Lamda but making it safe to drive my roads.
Just move to Florida... then you won't need extra ground clearance :thumb: You could save a fortune on tires too, they drive them for 100,000 miles down there with no tread left LOL.

In all seriousness.... is your suspension bottoming out or are you hitting the really low air dam on the front? My air dam plows snow if I'm not careful, but I seem to have a lot of ground clearance otherwise. I don't drive the roads you drive, but I **** near run 4x4 roads with my Acadia around here.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Northerntech said:
Do these vehicles you are listing have computer controlled stability? Two or three inches can be/is dramatic.

George

·
Registered
689 Posts
People have been lifting Subarus for years an inch or two. Don't forget that stability control became mandatory in all new vehicles in 2012 AND companies selling lift kits and such must prove their parts don't interfere with the operation of said systems.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
NutBucket said:
People have been lifting Subarus for years an inch or two. Don't forget that stability control became mandatory in all new vehicles in 2012 AND companies selling lift kits and such must prove their parts don't interfere with the operation of said systems.
Yeah, sure.

GMC

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nvr2loud said:
Just move to Florida... then you won't need extra ground clearance :thumb: You could save a fortune on tires too, they drive them for 100,000 miles down there with no tread left LOL.

In all seriousness.... is your suspension bottoming out or are you hitting the really low air dam on the front? My air dam plows snow if I'm not careful, but I seem to have a lot of ground clearance otherwise. I don't drive the roads you drive, but I darn near run 4x4 roads with my Acadia around here.
In the soft spots the bar under the transmission is filled with stones. Front air dam was also tapped.

There are air options but I'd like to lift the vehicle like I did my Silverado. 2" lift kit made all the difference with upgrading from a 245 to a 285 tire (16 75). More tire on the road, more stability.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GeorgeC said:
Do these vehicles you are listing have computer controlled stability? Two or three inches can be/is dramatic.

George
Jeep Yes
New Silverado Yes

·
Super Moderator
20,134 Posts
Northerntech said:
Jeep Yes
New Silverado Yes

Dealers sometime sell these vehicles with lift packages already installed on them.

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Northerntech said:
Jeep Yes
New Silverado Yes
Yeah but you can disable the stupid stability control on the Silverado LOL unlike the Acadia where we are stuck with that system all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! And I thought I had it bad just driving 3 miles down my dirt road to get home. My biggest problem is that I need a wash everytime I travel it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tammycherij24 said:
Wow! And I thought I had it bad just driving 3 miles down my dirt road to get home. My biggest problem is that I need a wash everytime I travel it.
I wish I had that problem.
My front looked like a 12 year old at his first dance - pimples all over the place from stone hits. Also lost 1 windshield. (lost - not really some idiot going 70 mph meets me going 20 and pulled over and ding I got a golf ball size mark on my windshield.) But on the positive side No wave plate issue (yet). lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
I know it's a no no and people don't like it but, what about a taller tire? I put 70 series tires on mine and it raised it a tiny bit.

It'd be nice to have another 2 inches higher though, I'll agree with you on that one!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know of anyone or know if this is possible.
I, unfortunately, have to drive 180 miles (309 Kms) down a gravel road to get home. I know what you are all thinking. No it's not my driveway. lol
In Northern Manitoba it's the last part of my drive home. The tires that came with the vehicle have worked out well, as the vehicle only goes on the road 4 times a year but I want to lift it 2-3 inches to get the extra ground clearance.
This last trip the gravel was especially soft and it bottomed out twice at 20 mph.

Thanks in advance.
I don't believe anyone has been successful locating a lift kit for the Lambda platform. :search: this and the other forums to see if you can find your info.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Did you have a question?
Looks like Rough Country has an Acadia kit, that's the company I'd go with if I wanted to lift one.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts