GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between an SLE and SLT1 and was wondering how easy the manual
liftgate is to open and close, or if I should just go with an SLT1 with the power liftgate.

Also, how long does the power liftgate take to fully open?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I don't find it particularly difficult to open. Though I suppose if you're not very tall, you might have issues closing it. There's a handle for pulling it back down. I'm 5'7 and don't have a problem closing it.

The automatic liftgate was really nice. They had it on the Acadia in the showroom. I didn't actually time it though to see how long it takes to open and close.

·
Registered
161 Posts
We currently own a Nissan Armada. Which also has a pull down handle. We also have the automatic liftgate.

I think in the 80,000 miles of owning this vehicle we have only used the handle 3 times. The automatic feature, to me, is kinda like a microwave. Once you own one you cannot live without one. My M45 has a backup camera...I'm feeling the same way about the Acadia not having one.

The liftgate is such a convenience. I'm sure that if someone can reach the grab handle they can easily pull it down. GMC would not use overly powerful dampers on the gate since this vehicle is geared around family use (ie...kids included).

My rec...go with the power liftgate.

·
Registered
492 Posts
linuxtwit said:
I'm debating between an SLE and SLT1 and was wondering how easy the manual
liftgate is to open and close, or if I should just go with an SLT1 with the power liftgate.

Also, how long does the power liftgate take to fully open?
7-8 seconds open or close.
Just timed it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Racefla said:
7-8 seconds open or close.
Just timed it.
Nice. Time to start pricing out a SLT1 then ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
They don't offer the power liftgate option on SLEs? We test drove one with it and it's definitely nice, but not essential. We gave it up to get the local Acadia we bought. My 6 months pregnant wife hasn't complained once about opening or closing it. The dampers are pretty well balanced, so most of the weight, opening or closing, is hidden well...

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
admin said:
They don't offer the power liftgate option on SLEs? We test drove one with it and it's definitely nice, but not essential. We gave it up to get the local Acadia we bought. My 6 months pregnant wife hasn't complained once about opening or closing it. The dampers are pretty well balanced, so most of the weight, opening or closing, is hidden well...
I actually don't know... all the SLEs my dealer had didn't have it. And my salesguy "discouraged" me from custom ordering my own Acadia. So I don't know if it came with that option or not. I'd have to check the website. The power liftgate was very nice, but I've lived this long without one so it's not something I'll miss.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't say that I needed it, but it came with it.

It's great fun to watch peoples expresion when you do a remote start & pop the liftgate when no one is around. ;D

·
Registered
200 Posts
And my salesguy "discouraged" me from custom ordering my own Acadia.
The sales guy I talked to today was totally trying to get me to place a custom order. He knew I didn't like the configurations of the 2 on the lot, so I guess he didn't think he had much of a chance otherwise...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
admin said:
As far as I know the power liftgate is not available on the SLE. However, I'm in Canada, and the option packages offered
in Canada and US differ slightly, so it might be available as on option on the SLE in the US. ???

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
tymj said:
And my salesguy "discouraged" me from custom ordering my own Acadia.
The sales guy I talked to today was totally trying to get me to place a custom order. He knew I didn't like the configurations of the 2 on the lot, so I guess he didn't think he had much of a chance otherwise...
My dealership had like 15 Acadias sitting on their lot, I'm sure they wanted to get them out the door. IF they'd quit hiding them way in the back, they might actually sell them!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts