GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2021 Acadia AT4 last month and I really like everything except the back tailgate is giving me an issue. It seems that it stops working when I have a lot of stuff in the back. It will shut but I can't get it to open. Then I drive around for a while and it seems to fix itself. Does anybody else have a similar issue?

·
Super Moderator
22,415 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Let us know what the dealer's service center does to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Maybe it's a sensor? And stopping when moving forward, thus shifting the load away from the tailgate, helps? See if you can narrow down when it happens by shifting the load forward intentionally...

·
Super Moderator
22,415 Posts
... It seems that it stops working when I have a lot of stuff in the back. It will shut but I can't get it to open. ...
Maybe cargo loading technique needs modification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe it's a sensor? And stopping when moving forward, thus shifting the load away from the tailgate, helps? See if you can narrow down when it happens by shifting the load forward intentionally...
It seems like there is something electrical going on. It appears to shut all the way and I never pack the small trunk space full. But it always happens when I have something in the trunk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even when I empty the trunk from the side doors, it still doesn't work. It is almost like if I give it some time, turn it on and off, it resets itself. I'm going to have to take it to the dealer next.

·
Super Moderator
22,415 Posts
Just picked up a 2021 Acadia AT4 last month and I really like everything except the back tailgate is giving me an issue. It seems that it stops working when I have a lot of stuff in the back. It will shut but I can't get it to open. Then I drive around for a while and it seems to fix itself. Does anybody else have a similar issue?
Even when I empty the trunk from the side doors, it still doesn't work. It is almost like if I give it some time, turn it on and off, it resets itself. I'm going to have to take it to the dealer next.
A power liftgate has up to 4 ways for opening it - the door switch, a switch pad near the license plate, a hands-free kick sensor, and a remote button on the RKE transmitter (fob). Are you saying none of these methods works at those times?

NOTE: the RKE transmitter (fob) must be in close proximity to the vehicle for all but remote opening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Maybe your dash switch is on lock. My wife is always hitting ours and putting it on in lock mode.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A power liftgate has up to 4 ways for opening it - the door switch, a switch pad near the license plate, a hands-free kick sensor, and a remote button on the RKE transmitter (fob). Are you saying none of these methods works at those times?

NOTE: the RKE transmitter (fob) must be in close proximity to the vehicle for all but remote opening.
Yeah, when it acts up, none of these 4 methods will work. I can see the tail lights flashing when I use the keypad but it still won't open.

·
Super Moderator
22,415 Posts
Yeah, when it acts up, none of these 4 methods will work. I can see the tail lights flashing when I use the keypad but it still won't open.
In that case, it seems as though the liftgate module itself may be faulty. Hope the dealer's service center can get it figured out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts