GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I've tried researching this on the forum, but didn't find anything describing the issue(s) I've been having over the last week or so. 2016 Acadia, low miles.

1) The button on the bottom of the liftgate to engage the powered-close stopped working. Anyone else had this issue / is that button easy to replace? I popped it out, but didn't immediately see a plug, which leads me to believe I'd need to remove the panel to get to it... if the button is truly the issue. Honestly this doesn't bother me that much, since I actually prefer to manually close, but I mention it because I'm not sure if it's related to #2. #1 happened about a month earlier, so unlikely... but maybe?

2) Last week I started having a periodic issue where the liftgate wouldn't latch close. As soon as I started pulling it down (since the button doesn't work), I'd hear repeated clicking sounds from the latch. Nothing visibly moving, just the noise. It'd stop when in the full closed or full open position, but the door wouldn't latch... you could just pull it right open. I tried closing the latch mid-way by pushing it closed with something, and that seemed to work... but not when I actually closed the door. I end up fiddling around with it for a bit, and can usually get it to work and actually latch once I use my fob to power-open it again. Doesn't happen all of the time, but seems to more often than not since the first occurrence. Thoughts on what's causing this / has anyone else had this kind of issue?

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
There's a possibilty that by manually closing/opening the liftgate too vigorously one of the object detection sensors has failed and is now sending erroneous signals to the liftgate module. TBH, someone with a good diagnostic scan tool and knowledge about using it could be able to locate and rectify the problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,404 Posts
I'm not sure there are object detection sensors on this... are there?
Yes. Read about power liftgate operation in your owners manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Still diagnosing my specific problem, but a note to all, this website and videos were super helpful for how to remove rear trim / troubleshoot liftgate close button / etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts