GMC Acadia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Tahoe just as easy to drive as an Acadia. Very comfortable seats, great on road trips. My son's fits in his garage just fine.
Well .. . there is quite a difference in standard Tahoe and ( New +2017) Acadia dimensions. The Tahoe is 10" longer and 6" wider. While a very nice SUV, too it leaves much less space to get around it in my new 2 car garage. Wife would have difficulty parking it no matter where.
Just choices. .. . works for some . .. . for others the Acadia is just fine. Acadia is already bigger than the 2015 Equinox we recently sold.
Chevrolet Tahoe: - - 204″ L x 81″ W x 74″ H
GMC Acadia : - - - - 194″ L x 75″ W x 66″ H

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Should have built a bigger garage. LOL I have put an Escalade ESV and the Acadia in mine with no problem - and still was able to walk between the cars and closed door to get to the trash cans on the other side.

(@JayTee2019, there's only a -3.5 inch difference between the new Acadia and Tahoe wheelbases. The older Acadia has a wheelbase 2.9 inches longer than the Tahoe. That's why I edited out your comment about it. LOL)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Impractical and unnecessary expense for most to build a new garage. Plus, doesn't resolve the parking issue for wives who do not like handling a behemoth SUV.
It's all just choice anyway and no right or wrong. Nothing to criticize or mock anyone about.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I suggested a Tahoe for those feeling the need for a lifted Acadia. Like me, most owners do not have the need for a lifted Acadia. If I did I would have bought a Tahoe.

On the other hand, my son prefers a lifted vehicle so he bought a Tahoe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check it out. This is my 2014 GMC Acadia LIFTED with 18” Raceline Addicts and 265/70R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (32.6” overall diameter)
Lift was done by TRAXDA out of Tucson, AZ. Be looking for the kits pretty soon on their website www.traxda.com in the near future. Not sure on the spec, all I know is the tires fit but I will have to do some minor modifications to the fender liner since I went with such a large tire. Let me know what you think. View attachment 8765 View attachment 8766
Finally the wait is over.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seeing a lot of discussion on here about lift kits for the Acadia, has anyone out there made one yet? Just bought 2018 SLE and would like to give it a more aggressive stance.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Someone mentioned a company working to make lift kits for Acadias. Search through appropriate threads in the forum (use "lift kit" as your keywords) and you'll probably find the name of it. I believe they have a website you can browse, but don't remember if anyone posted a link to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've read every post since the original one in 2008 from the guy from Truxx asking if anyone would be interested in one. A lot of talk for lifting, lowering or keep stock. And a lot of opinions that have nothing to do with the original post. One guy said he had one put on from a company called TRAXDA. They show nothing on their site for a GMC Acadia lift kit. So again, has anyone ever found a lift kit / leveling kit for a 2018 Acadia?

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Maybe aftermarket suspension parts for the Cadillac XT5 will work. The Caddy's built on the same platform as the 2017+ Acadia.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No they will get a hold of you as soon as it is compleat and will give you a discount if you mention this form I have been told by the operator of this Arcadia information forum not to mention anything because it is spam was just trying to Help but I guess I Broke the rules GOOD LUCK Brian W 2016 and 2017 GMC Acadia owner .

101 - 120 of 123 Posts