GMC Acadia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check it out. This is my 2014 GMC Acadia LIFTED with 18” Raceline Addicts and 265/70R18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s (32.6” overall diameter)
Lift was done by TRAXDA out of Tucson, AZ. Be looking for the kits pretty soon on their website www.traxda.com in the near future. Not sure on the spec, all I know is the tires fit but I will have to do some minor modifications to the fender liner since I went with such a large tire. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
556 Posts
And people ask why I want mine a tiny bit louder?
I personally think GMC got the height right, but I'm not a fan of raising (or for the most part, lowering) vehicles. Even trucks are best at stock height IMO, but I've never owned one, so I don't get modding one.
I don't think it looks horrible, but the tires are too big, out of place for me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I knew after reading all the negative posts about every single thing that this would be the wrong group to show this to. To each their own.
And there's that. Mods are not super popular here it seems.
I want mine a bit sportier sounding, seems I'm alone with that.
Wheels; I'd go perhaps with some larger off a Denali, not off road type (old Pathfinder reminder) or lifting. To each their own is exactly it. No harm, enjoy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey All,

Truxxx is looking into developing lift kits for the Acadia lambda platform and I would like to know how much interest there is out there for a couple more inches of ground clearance. I am the chief engineer at Truxxx, so you're talking to the guy that will be able to put a kit through. Holler back and show some interest, and give me reassurance that a kit like this will be moving off the shelves. :thumb:

Kenan Arik
Truxxx Manufacturing
http://www.truxxx.com

I definitely would like to lift it. I'm also try to find headlights with the halo / angel eyes and HID. Same with the 5202 fog lights

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm all about modding your ride to set it apart from the rest. You have to understand the group here. Soccer mom's, maybe some Dad's that are abused by their wives. Or just don't have the permission to do what they want to the family car!!! I would love a little more lift, not a lot but a little. I will be going to 20-22" black wheels to go with the black theme of the wife's car. (Wouldn't mind a supercharger kit either) Then will be doing a Satin White metallic wrap on it as well since the red is not her favorite color. Nice borla exhaust would be nice. Waiting for the Trifecta tune to be released as well.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
You have to understand the group here. Soccer mom's, maybe some Dad's that are abused by their wives. Or just don't have the permission to do what they want to the family car.....
or men subservient to their wives and make all the mods their wife demands, or folks like me that find the Acadia a very nice vehicle for getting from point A to point B but would rather spend mod dollars on their toys.

In addition to my Acadia, I also own an '84 Corvette and a nicely modded '11 SS Camaro.

But to each their own..............

·
Registered
949 Posts
I know of at least one guy (member here ?), who had to buy his wife an Acadia Denali in order to to buy his Canyon Denali at the same time.
Of course. .. . it is never stated that way or in the same breath. ?

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
Sometimes mods don't work out real well - even dealer-installed ones. I drove a Bronco work vehicle once that was purchased new already lifted about 4 inches. The rear u-joint broke before I got out of the neighborhood. Found out it wasn't the first time it happened. Seems someone didn't adjust the driveline angles to compensate for the lift when they put the differentials back on it. When people discuss lifting an Acadia, I wonder if they will face similar problems with this car's driveline package.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I mod everything. Modded my 15' Canyon, definitely modded all 3 of my SRT4s and nothing is stock on my 69 El Camino. Modded my wife's 11' Honda Accord, basics way better brakes, suspension, and air filter. Soon will mod the heck out of my future 2500 Sierra Denali Duramax as soon as I find the one I want from auction to fix up. Yes, there are the few wives out there that want all the mods they can get!!! I try and keep it toned down for the wifes car as much as I can but........... stuff happens!! ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sometimes mods don't work out real well - even dealer-installed ones. I drove a Bronco work vehicle once that was purchased new already lifted about 4 inches. The rear u-joint broke before I got out of the neighborhood. Found out it wasn't the first time it happened. Seems someone didn't adjust the driveline angles to compensate for the lift when they put the differentials back on it. When people discuss lifting an Acadia, I wonder if they will face similar problems with this car's driveline package.
I wouldn't think a 2" level or lift would change much in the driveline angle. Since most of the drivelines now are CV axles, besides the AWD that does have a drive shaft. I don't see needing a 4-6" lift for an Acadia that is FWD, maybe AWD, but you never know what people want to do! Would be interesting to see it.

·
Super Moderator
19,529 Posts
I wouldn't think a 2" level or lift would change much in the driveline angle. Since most of the drivelines now are CV axles, besides the AWD that does have a drive shaft. I don't see needing a 4-6" lift for an Acadia that is FWD, maybe AWD, but you never know what people want to do! Would be interesting to see it.
The half-shafts are a lot shorter than the Bronco's driveshaft. As such, the angles on them would be greater for each inch of lift. I'm thinking that could result in premature wear of the CV-joints - they only travel so far.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I just don't want to try and fit a giant SUV into my garage and still have space around it. I watched my brother back his into his 2.5 car garage and it is a "process".

81 - 100 of 123 Posts