GMC Acadia Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Why do people making this comment. Yes, it isn’t an off road vehicle but there are practical reasons to lifting. I live in CO and we’re always in the mountains. A good part of the roads are very very firm/hard dirt roads and get damaged by nasty rock slides. the AWD performs great but if it just had a couple more inches I could stop scraping this thing and I would deff not qualify what I do as off roading. But it is super annoying to see a mini van climb better than my Acadia. I think if I could get 2” inches out of this thing I would easily pay 1k for that. Also I haven’t driven it in snow yet (just bought it 4 months ago) but I’m concerned this thing will be a snow plow but I’ll know for sure in a couple weeks.
You must not get around much in Colorado. Only about 1/4 of the state is mountainous. Just wait until the snow falls so hard overnight that you can't even find your Acadia!

·
Super Moderator
22,995 Posts
Why do people making this comment. ...
The reasons are 2-fold. First, raising the center of gravity (even an inch or two) does alter a vehicle's handling characteristic, especially vehicle roll. Second, there is no way to adjust drive angle of the axles - this puts a lot of undue stress on the CV joints. Lift it if you want, but suffer the consequences of doing so.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Why do people making this comment. Yes, it isn’t an off road vehicle but there are practical reasons to lifting. I live in CO and we’re always in the mountains. A good part of the roads are very very firm/hard dirt roads and get damaged by nasty rock slides. the AWD performs great but if it just had a couple more inches I could stop scraping this thing and I would deff not qualify what I do as off roading. But it is super annoying to see a mini van climb better than my Acadia. I think if I could get 2” inches out of this thing I would easily pay 1k for that. Also I haven’t driven it in snow yet (just bought it 4 months ago) but I’m concerned this thing will be a snow plow but I’ll know for sure in a couple weeks.
People make the comment because many of us believe it to be true.

If I were regularly traversing roads where I had to worry about scraping rocks, an Acadia wouldn't be my first choice of vehicles. I would have a ZR2 trimmed Silverado or Colorado.

If I did have an Acadia in that environment, my first priority in mods would be undercarriage protection, not lifting it.

Having owned 2 Acadia's, they are not particularly great in deep snow. My body on frame, 4x4 Blazer's from back in the '90's were much better.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Agree. . . lifting is not the best idea on either the 1st or 2nd generation Acadia. Not really any latitude for changing the suspension geometry as already stated. These are people hauler vehicles.
If I lived in Colorado or other mountainous areas, I'd consider at least a mid sized truck as an extra or main vehicle especially in winter driving conditions.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
What minivan climbs better than your Acadia? Regardless, if one does, and both are AWD, that's down to tires as usual.
If you want a lift I'd get the Rough Country 1 1/2", and some sort of 1/2" rear spacer so it's level.

·
Registered
2014 GMC Acadia SLT - 1.75”F/1”R Traxda lift - 18X8 +35 Raceline Addicts - 265/70R18 Nitto Terra G2
7 Posts
Spoke to Robyn, and due to COVID, they’re delayed hoping for august. I know Traxda offers a kit which Truxxx claims steals all of their designs so I’m waiting till the Truxxx is launched to see if it’s the same. Traxda’s kit was launched last summer so if anything it seems like Truxxx will be a copy of Traxda.
My vehicle was the pilot for the TRAXDA lift.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts