GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello fellow arcadians, calling to give an update. Spoke with and associate from Truxxx. They are hopefully going to have a two inch lift and leveling kit out bye middle or end of March - has to go through some Dot Testing. If you are interested, email Robyn From Truxxx at [email protected]. The more emails they get the faster production gets going. I believe this will also fit the Chevy traverse and the Buick enclave. Give me a text with any questions. I know I Definitely need a little lift !!! WARTHOG OUT !

(mod edit - punctuation added for clarity)

·
Registered
861 Posts
I think I'd lower mine before raising, but to each their own. This is a raised station wagon...

Reactions: GEORGEC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only going up A Couple inches live in upstate NY and Don't want a snow plow also have some pretty Rough road's and going to a 18 inch wheels with a AT tire like you said to each his own Have a Great Day

·
Registered
2009 Travers LS AWD
13 Posts
this is what we need! did they mention a cost? is it just strut and spring spacers?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
this is what we need! did they mention a cost? is it just strut and spring spacers?
IT sounds like perhaps they are mainly "fishing" to see how much interest there may be. There was similar for a lowering on the Theta platform some years back and only a limited number of kits produced.

·
Registered
2009 Travers LS AWD
13 Posts
This is a Link to a 2" kit available for a Kia Sorrento for under $150. I would assume a similar kit would work for the Lambda Platform...., maybe even the same kit! I could always climb underneath my wife's Kia and measure the spring diameter one day and maybe go to a parts store and compare the tops of the strut for each and see if the bolt spacing is the same.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I wonder for those interested (I'm happy with the height of mine), would a new alignment be best after installing these?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Good point. any mods to suspension . . at least alignment should be checked.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I think I'd lower mine before raising, but to each their own. This is a raised station wagon...
Totally agree. Many times I have told someone that the SUV is just today's station wagon.

The Acadia is absolutely as high as I would want a vehicle. It is already almost too high for some people to enter.

Plus, I would not want a higher center of gravity.

George

·
Registered
861 Posts
It is today's station wagon. AWD, better drivability, more clearance, thoroughly more appointed, better mileage, generally more power... a better, nicer looking wagon.

Reactions: NEmery

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The height of our 2019 Acadia id just right. High enough, don't bump head when entering or exiting.
I wouldn't change anything to upset handling or aerodynamics and the really good MPG it gets for this size SUV.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Spoke to Robyn, and due to COVID, they’re delayed hoping for august. I know Traxda offers a kit which Truxxx claims steals all of their designs so I’m waiting till the Truxxx is launched to see if it’s the same. Traxda’s kit was launched last summer so if anything it seems like Truxxx will be a copy of Traxda.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
You have that right. This is the modern station wagon, but people just do not want to admit it. It is not an off road vehicle that needs additional clearance. I would not play with the handling geometry.

George

·
Registered
19 Posts
You have that right. This is the modern station wagon, but people just do not want to admit it. It is not an off road vehicle that needs additional clearance. I would not play with the handling geometry.

George
You gotta fight, for your right, to partyyyyyy

·
Registered
19 Posts
But I don’t think anyone is claiming it as an off-road vehicle. But having AWD and using it for camping/hunting trips, 1.5 extra inches of clearance would go along way. That isn’t jacking up a truck and throwing 37’s on it like my Duramax. The biggest issue from geometry with leveling is when people go too high leading to harsh angles. 1.5 when properly aligned will have minimal if any side effects.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I’d lower too, once warranty expires of course. The lower the better! Just don’t tell the wife

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
861 Posts
But I don’t think anyone is claiming it as an off-road vehicle. But having AWD and using it for camping/hunting trips, 1.5 extra inches of clearance would go along way. That isn’t jacking up a truck and throwing 37’s on it like my Duramax. The biggest issue from geometry with leveling is when people go too high leading to harsh angles. 1.5 when properly aligned will have minimal if any side effects.
There's the thing; I would never drive a family wagon (/SUV) over terrain that my stock Acadia can't easily clear.
A Duramax is a truck, why not take that camping and hunting?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts