GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out this morning that a very close family friend passed away unexpectedly at age 55. He's been such an icon in my town its hard to imagine life without him. We're all in shock.

It has made me ask myself again... what is the point of waiting to buy my acadia? Perhaps this is a lesson to live more in the moment and enjoy life while we still have it...

is this the wrong time to be deciding to buy a new car?

Heather

·
Registered
29 Posts
We were in some what of a similar situation where we also began thinking about the "life is short" aspect of things.
However, we had already come to the conclusion that we were 75% sure we wanted to get the vehicle even before this.
We were going back and forth as to whether it would just be better to keep our current vehicle for a few more years or get rid of it while it still had a bit of value left. We've gotten good use out of the current vehicle, it's just that we were thinking we could go a few more years and maybe get one more kid into the mix before upgrading to an even bigger vehicle. In the middle of our deciding something very bad happened to someone in my wife's family.

It definitely wasn't the only factor but it pretty much wiped out any feeling of regret about not waiting longer. We felt like we could afford the vehicle and we were 75% sure that we wanted to do it already so this situation just solidified our thinking of "why wait?"

Now that something like this has touched your life, it definitely carries weight in your decision but if you also have legitimate reasons to wait then you shouldn't completely ignore them as well. For example, if you have financial reservations, then for the sake of your family, you should not let your emotions completely over rule your sensibilities.
I would say that you should just add that to your "let's get it" column but not let it completely wipe out your "let's wait" column and take it from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts