GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2021 Acadia AT4
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Has anyone installed a leveling kit on their Acadia ? I just ordered one for our AT4 馃馃徎 The picture of the Acadia with the kit on looks a lot meaner then stock
649EF6E4-9B4F-478D-A1B2-0DD36B55ED30.png

Super Moderator
Once you put a load in the vehicle, its nose will be pointed skyward.

Registered
I like the level look, but often carry passengers (well, non-COVID times). I think the back would sink too much, plus the leveling kits are too much IMO.
Maybe 1/2" to 3/4" max would be best.

Reactions: MurderedAT4

Registered
Still trying to wrap my head around an Acadia being "mean" looking.

Acadia's always look level to me, don't think any sort of leveling kit is needed.

Registered
I sure can. But (you knew there was a butt), I think the front end looks too high in that pic (as I said before; 1/2" - 3/4" would be better IMO). And I'd rather have a slightly high back end than front end. I also wonder... would lowering the back look better than raising the front? Either way, the existing slightly raised back is OK with me, for now anyway.

Super Moderator
Reactions: Gmcde3

Registered
So you鈥檙e saying you can鈥檛 see a difference?
I can see the difference. But as @Grantv has said, maybe not the best for Acadia. IF just for appearance, not sure it is worth it in the long run. Also, make sure you check headlight aim now since it may be a bit too high and blind on coming drivers especially .
Myself, I prefer the rear a bit higher like stock so when I have passengers and some cargo in the Acadia on a trip, the vehicle will essentially self level. Do a lift on the front end and you loose that.

Reactions: bxd20

Registered
I installed the leveling kit on my Acadia shortly after it was released. It looks good, no noticeable change in handling demeanor, and a full load of people plus cargo does not create a funky 鈥淐arolina squat鈥 situation. It also makes driving on beach sand a lot more enjoyable. I鈥檝e only had positive reactions to it, but most people don鈥檛 even notice honestly. If I had an AT4 I would absolutely do it.

Registered
2021 Acadia AT4
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I installed the leveling kit on my Acadia shortly after it was released. It looks good, no noticeable change in handling demeanor, and a full load of people plus cargo does not create a funky 鈥淐arolina squat鈥 situation. It also makes driving on beach sand a lot more enjoyable. I鈥檝e only had positive reactions to it, but most people don鈥檛 even notice honestly. If I had an AT4 I would absolutely do it.
I appreciate the message! Makes me feel better about putting ours on once it gets delivered. I was hoping it wouldn鈥檛 squat with people and things in the back . I鈥檓 excited to get it done!

Registered
Glad to be of help. It really is a simple mod, but it isn鈥檛 everyone鈥檚 cup of tea. I drive on beach sand a lot and this makes a big difference. I鈥檓 also planning on moving to 245/60R20 tires once the factory rubber is done, which should be this year. Supposedly they鈥檒l fit with minor trimming, but I have yet to hear from someone who actually has made that switch.

Registered
I appreciate the message! Makes me feel better about putting ours on once it gets delivered. I was hoping it wouldn鈥檛 squat with people and things in the back . I鈥檓 excited to get it done!
I want a leveling kit for my 2012. But haven鈥檛 had any luck finding one that will work. Where did you get your kit?

Registered
Pretty sure the above mentioned unit is Rough Country.
Do a Google search; Acadia leveling kit

1 - 20 of 20 Posts