GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, while I don't have my Acadia yet, I do have my '09 on order and hope to have it relatively soon. I'm interested to see how many of you are here in Las Vegas? Also, as I moved here last year from the central coast of California (Nipomo), I'm wondering if there are any readers from the central coast.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Grew up in Paso Robles... I now live in eastern San Diego county....boy I miss the central coast.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I definitely agree. My wife and I moved to Vegas for business, but I sure do miss the central coast. I don't know how long it's been since you've been back to Paso, but if it's been a while, I can say that you probably wouldn't recognize it. It has grown so much. It's now the fastest growing city in SLO county.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hey all. Antelope Valley here! Quartz Hill to be exact. Grew up in Burbank have family in Orange County, West Covina, Anaheim, Burbank, Escondido, Carmel Valley and Maine. I know there has to be more Acadia members from the AV on here. I see anywhere from 2 to 6 different Acadia's a day. Where are you guys???

Oh ya, friends in Vegas as well. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All - Live in Gilroy (Garlic Capital of The World) Bought an '08 SLT 2 with everything. Has everything because it was a demo driven by dealer owner's wife for first 6000 miles. Bought an '04 GMC Dually from same dealer. So far so good. Guess any bugs on this vehicle were worked out before we got it. Lots of buttons and knobs to learn about but having fun driving it. Updated the On Star to forward our Verizon cell calls to the vehicle so we can meet the new Calif "no cell phone" while driving law. Only concern so far is the notation in the owner's manual about the use of gas in other states that does not meet California standards possibly voiding the warranty on emission parts on the vehicle. Lots of very expensive emission parts on an Acadia. I guess the idiots at the California smog board have finally found a way to make us a separate country. Glad I found this forum. Always nice to find people so friendly and willing to share their experiences. :thumb:

·
Registered
527 Posts
kcf said:
Hi everyone, while I don't have my Acadia yet, I do have my '09 on order and hope to have it relatively soon. I'm interested to see how many of you are here in Las Vegas? Also, as I moved here last year from the central coast of California (Nipomo), I'm wondering if there are any readers from the central coast.
KFC,

Ditto for me. I'm working to finalize my order asap. I bought my last new car 21+ yrs ago, so I'm about due to take the plunge. I've been living in Santa Barbara for quite a while. Love the central coast, attend CPSU in SLO for 2 yrs, and am always happy driving thru the area. Nephew & niece are living in Santa Maria.

Cheers for Cent. CA,

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Grew up in Simi Valley, moved to San Jose after military service where I went to school then moved to SAC area and now in Colo for 5 years. I miss a few things about California, but not enough to want to go back anytime soon. Too many people with not enough space between them coupled with a stupid/extreme cost of living = forget it.

·
Registered
527 Posts
alvam said:
Too many people with not enough space between them coupled with a stupid/extreme cost of living = forget it.
Well, it looks like Colo is a good place for you to live. I didn't think that this "west" section was a place to "trash the West". Maybe you could post to the section where you're living and boast about all the things you love about it instead.

Smooth[/color]

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Does San Francisco count as being part of the central coast? I was born in San Jose, near where my father's parents owned a fruit orchard in Campbell. (Can you imagine what their place would be worth now at today's land prices?) My parents moved to San Francisco when I was about a year old, and I grew up here, went to school and college here, taught here, retired here. And I'm here now waiting for my new Acadia to be delivered in Oregon. Waiting ... waiting ... waiting ...

·
Registered
423 Posts
While still not an official Acadia owner (don't worry I think we'llbe one soon), I can chime in. I live near Sac, CA and have been living here for about 7 years after college. I was born and raised in Texas near the Gulf of Mexico. And let me tell you I don't miss the humidity a bit. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I live in Tucson, AZ and just bought an 07 SLT-1. I love this vehicle and it has every option plus some I don't think I will use (audio controls behind the 3rd row). Anyway, a great vehicle and I look forward to driving it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
KarolsAcadia said:
Hey all. Antelope Valley here! Quartz Hill to be exact. Grew up in Burbank have family in Orange County, West Covina, Anaheim, Burbank, Escondido, Carmel Valley and Maine. I know there has to be more Acadia members from the AV on here. I see anywhere from 2 to 6 different Acadia's a day. Where are you guys???

Oh ya, friends in Vegas as well. :)
its about time you surfaced again.
teetertotter said:
You all need to move to the MIDWEST!! Best climate there is with 4 seasons! ;D
you are on crack...i froze my **** off this weekend. i have no idea why im in the midwest. vegas is way too party crazy for me. fun to visit though and party occasionally.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Putting the call out to any new West members

·
Registered
370 Posts
kcf said:
Don't live in Las Vegas, but drove my Acadia 19hrs from Portland, OR to Las Vegas a few months ago! It handled great! Hope you get yours soon. :)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Irish said:
kcf said:
Don't live in Las Vegas, but drove my Acadia 19hrs from Portland, OR to Las Vegas a few months ago! It handled great! Hope you get yours soon. :)
Was this the snow trip?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I'm seeing a few more AZ owners here :thumb:

·
Registered
614 Posts
You have one ocean on the west coast, in Michigan we have five, count 'em five GREAT LAKES! And they come in two forms, liquid and starting around January, in solid form as well. Try that with your west coast ocean! :poke:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
::)

Yeah that's why I have a lot of Michigan friends that dont ever want to step foot back in that state :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
San Diego area new member here.

I've put a few long trips on our 2008 AWD. We have made 4 trips to Vegas and 1 trip to the Bay Area. I joke that it practically drives itself.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts