GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, i am reaslly get sick of this piece of $%$#^$%#$!! yesterday it woul not shut off again and today it would not turn on! jumped it and ran okay but wouldn't shut off again!!! called onstar they said an idle system problem. 4th time we have had starting/turning off problems all seem to be related to ingnition/ electrical problem. i am now looking into lemon law and need help on how togo about it?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Has it simply done this to you four times or have you had it serviced for the same thing four times? If it just happened to you without having the dealer try to fix it, you can't lemon law it till it has been serviced for the same issue for I believe three times without fixing it. Even then dealers will try to fight you tooth and nail not to lemon law it, most people get a lawyer which will speed things up real quick!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Make sure you are taking it into a dealer EVERY TIME and have them create a work order stating the problem. Not if but when you have to prove your case, you will have to show PROOF of having the ongoing problem and you taking it to the dealer to have them fix it. Best of Luck! I hope GM stands behind their product.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Consult a lawyer. There are many stipulations and every state varies. GM may even offer trade assistance if you were interested in another GM product.

·
Registered
123 Posts
you should have gotten a lemon law book w/your owner manuals which will tell you actually what to do. here in california it is the law that they give you a lemon law book and 3 times back to dealer for same problem constitutes a lemon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Here in California, the Better Business Bureau is contracted by many manufacturers to handle lemon law claims. The case goes before a trained lemon law arbitrator (I used to be one) and he or she applies the criteria under the California Lemon Law statute (http://www.lemonlaw-california.com/calemonlawstatute.html) and often test-drives the car to verify the problem.

It is a pretty straightforward process, but you need to have taken the car in at least twice and notified the manufacturer in writing in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had my 2000 Yukon Denali Lemon Lawed..........which I had owned for 2 years...

I'm from PA and found a lawyer on the internet, never even talked to the Atty. Everything was done via email.........within 10 days I had all of my money back that I had paid except for $150.00 which was a users fee..........and didnt pay any lawyer fees.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
IScubaSlo said:
I had my 2000 Yukon Denali Lemon Lawed..........which I had owned for 2 years...

I'm from PA and found a lawyer on the internet, never even talked to the Atty. Everything was done via email.........within 10 days I had all of my money back that I had paid except for $150.00 which was a users fee..........and didnt pay any lawyer fees.....
Sounds like a good lawyer. What's the contact info for him?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the info. it has been to the dealer 3 times now for the same problem. each with a different work order. i have been calling onstar every time and even video taping it. guess i need a lawyer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts