GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '07 Acadia. The speakers on the left side of the car do not work at all anymore. The left tweeter will work, but only that.
Any ideas? Buy new speakers? Take to a dealer?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
monti1 said:
I have an '07 Acadia. The speakers on the left side of the car do not work at all anymore. The left tweeter will work, but only that.
Any ideas? Buy new speakers? Take to a dealer?
Presume you checked your L/R settings?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
So none of the left side speakers work except for the left tweeter; how about left rear speakers? What about different audio sources; CD, DVD?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Seems odd that the entire left side would go bad at once. must be something else.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I found it odd that only the left tweeter is working; I would assume an "all or none" situation

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Does the original vehicle with no left side speakers have a moonroof/dual moonroofs ???

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
mjmhere said:
Does the original vehicle with no left side speakers have a moonroof/dual moonroofs ???
That could be the answer if it's a leaker.

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
@monti1, taking the vehicle to the dealership is an avenue that you could try, but if you don't feel like taking this course, you could contact your local car audio shop to see what they have to say about it.

Please, keep in mind that if you decide to take the Acadia into the dealership and have them take care of this for you, there might be a warranty with the genuine GM parts and labor.

Michelle, GMC Customer Service

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
@mattsatout, thank you for sharing your experience with your Outlook. I am glad that this took care of what you experienced.

Please, don't hesitate to contact me in the future with comments, questions and/or concerns.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, 2007 left speakers don't work, I unplugged the wires going into yhe front left door. Blew yhe dirt out of it and everything worked, the speakers were all good, since the they have quit working again. Having trouble figuring this one out.
Steve M

·
Super Moderator
23,610 Posts
I have the same problem, 2007 left speakers don't work, I unplugged the wires going into yhe front left door. Blew yhe dirt out of it and everything worked, the speakers were all good, since the they have quit working again. Having trouble figuring this one out.
Did you spray the connectors with contact cleaner? Maybe there's redidual corrosion on the contacts.

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Considering it's a 2007, they could just be the speakers are bad.been there done that. Put in new speakers ,aftermarket on my 2010 some yrs ago,and they all started working and recently did all speakers on my brithers 2012. On the 2012 I put in O E M, ordered them from Rock Auto. took me about an hour to install.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts