1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 GMC Acadia - SLT - 3.6L
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

First post on this forum.

I have a 2018 GMC Acadia SLT and I'm looking to hook these LED Lights up so that the courtesy lights come on and illuminate the ground when the vehicle is unlocked or the door is opened. The wiring install says to tap into the 12v dome light wire. For the life of me I can't seem to find where that is located. There is also a running light and blinker hook up, which I might not hook into, but I guess it would be good to know where that is as well.

Can someone help me out?

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I get that, but where in the vehicle is this accessable and which wire (color) is the courtesy light circuit?
If you carefully pop off the upper light bezel where the front dome lights are. . . you should be able to identify the wires for the interior light circuit. . . . ie. . . which ones turn on the upper dome lights when you open the doors.
Then you could fish a wire across the headliner and down the A pillar carefully.

·
Super Moderator
19,657 Posts
Another option would be a footwell light if the vehicle has them.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I get that, but where in the vehicle is this accessable and which wire (color) is the courtesy light circuit?
Yes. . you have a newer Acadia SLT so you could more easily look at connecting to the footwell lights on either the driver side or passenger side. The footwell light holder should pop out easily enough to find the wire colors and trace them back to a convenient connection point.

However, they are now LED courtesy lights so not sure how much added electrical load the circuit would be able to handle. Probably ok as long as it wasn't a large current draw . . . but be prepared to check how much current the lights you wish to add might draw bench testing them first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts