GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello - I haven't visited for quite some time.. and I'd still like to find a long-lasting LED bulb to replace my DRLs that seems to burn-out a bit more often than I'd like. And, if I found a good replacement - then perhaps I'd be maintenance free on the DRLs for a good long while!

Thanks for any ideas / distributors / part numbers. And, if you've had experience, please share how you like the look, reliability, and your thoughts on the illumination.

Cheers - Jim

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I may be wrong, but switching to LED's can cause issues in the electrical system.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
I may be wrong, but switching to LED's can cause issues in the electrical system.
Grantv - can you elaborate on what the issue may be? I can't see how an alternative "bulb" that also runs on 12V (at less current) would be problematic.

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
Grantv - can you elaborate on what the issue may be? I can't see how an alternative "bulb" that also runs on 12V (at less current) would be problematic.
They're probably referring to problems encountered on C1XX platform (2017+) vehicles when folks changed halogen lights (reverse lights in particular) to LEDs. It's a CANBUS compliance issue which doesn't affect the Lambda platform.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thanks, did not know that...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
They're probably referring to problems encountered on C1XX platform (2017+) vehicles when folks changed halogen lights (reverse lights in particular) to LEDs. It's a CANBUS compliance issue which doesn't affect the Lambda platform.
Thanks - Speleos - that makes sense. I would have thought that out of the thousands of members - someone would have had a good story to tell about how they successfully replaced an incandescent DRL to an LED version.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited by Moderator)
These all look like good replacements for Hi / Low / Fog. But, I'm looking for an LED replacement for my DRLs. I have HIDs that work wonderfully, and my fogs work fine as well. The bulbs for which you provided links appear to be far higher lumen that I believe would be appropriate for my DRLs. Is the illumination of the FOG's much more than the standard DRLs?

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts