GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)
These are the Amber led I found on ebay... Obvious plug and play and only for the hid assy, looks mad cool. Very easy install if you pop the air box cover off and detatch the fuse block on the rt side to slide it over towards motor. When it warms up I will get more pics of the related r&i.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Silverado02 said:
:)
These are the Amber led I found on ebay... Obvious plug and play and only for the hid assy, looks mad cool. Very easy install if you pop the air box cover off and detatch the fuse block on the rt side to slide it over towards motor. When it warms up I will get more pics of the related r&i.
Sweet! I like them.. I like Amber and Yellow lighting.. I have Amber City Lights and Yellow fogs on my Benz. Could you provide info on the ebay seller, item number if they're still available? I've been on the hunt for yellow 5202 bulbs. Still no luck, I heard that 5202 are similar to H10's but I have not had a chance to try them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ebay item number:

Item number: 200316202146

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Nice look; a first for an Acadia (I think); anyway how is their performance? Do they work as well as the regular lamps?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I'm not all that familiar with how the HIDs work... but are those amber lights the main lights for driving at night as well? If so, does that make it more difficult to see ahead of you? Are amber headlights at night even legal?

Aside from my ridiculous questions... it does look pretty cool. :thumb:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Web Raven said:
I'm not all that familiar with how the HIDs work... but are those amber lights the main lights for driving at night as well? If so, does that make it more difficult to see ahead of you? Are amber headlights at night even legal?

as far as i'm concerned, Amber, Yellow, White, and Red, are all legal. When you get into the blues, greens, purples, etc. that's when your asking for trouble. Just imagine if cars had blue tail lights?? I would think airplanes could easily mistaken freeways for an airport landing strip. ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
MyBlackAcadia said:
Web Raven said:

as far as i'm concerned, Amber, Yellow, White, and Red, are all legal. When you get into the blues, greens, purples, etc. that's when your asking for trouble. Just imagine if cars had blue tail lights?? I would think airplanes could easily mistaken freeways for an airport landing strip. ;D
Well now, I know it is not legal to have RED headlights! People wouldn't know whether you're coming or going. :p But I understood what you meant... legal as far as it's a color light that is legal and acceptable to have on your vehicle. I just thought there might be some color restrictions for headlights specifically. I'm not sure that I've ever seen amber headlights. Fog lights, yes. Headlights, nope.

Some of those new headlights are so bright that they look purple. Those are the ones that hurt my poor eyes at night. But it's hard to look the other way... "deer in headlights" effect. ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Web Raven said:
MyBlackAcadia said:
Web Raven said:

Well now, I know it is not legal to have RED headlights! People wouldn't know whether you're coming or going. :p But I understood what you meant... legal as far as it's a color light that is legal and acceptable to have on your vehicle. I just thought there might be some color restrictions for headlights specifically. I'm not sure that I've ever seen amber headlights. Fog lights, yes. Headlights, nope.

Some of those new headlights are so bright that they look purple. Those are the ones that hurt my poor eyes at night. But it's hard to look the other way... "deer in headlights" effect. ;)
yeah I failed to mention the headlight thing. I think only whites are legal for headlights and the OEM HID colors which are "I THINK" 4000k to 6000k. Those HID's burning 8000k and up with a purple tint maybe pushing the color limit. I'm not sure but I would think those wouldn't be acceptable. I've seen some modded cars on the road with Yellow headlights. I like yellow fogs, but I would never use yellow for headlights.

But as far as signals, fogs, side markers, DRL??, Yellow & Ambers are okay. And as for Brakes & Parking, red would obviously be the right color

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The hid lamps use the outer lamps for high and low, the inner is just for the drl, thus they are not on at night... the non hid have their high beams in there. I just like the look as it changes mine up from the other Acadia's in town... :p

·
Registered
624 Posts
Silverado....did you change out the fogs as well. And if so, did you use LEDs or something to compare more to the HIDs? If you did, I would like some recommendations and is it easier to change the fog bulbs than the headlight bulbs?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Silverado02 said:
The hid lamps use the outer lamps for high and low, the inner is just for the drl, thus they are not on at night... the non hid have their high beams in there. I just like the look as it changes mine up from the other Acadia's in town... :p
That answers my question exactly! Thank you. I had a feeling that was going to be the case with the HIDs. I couldn't imagine using amber lights as your normal running lights at night.

It does change up your Acadia and it looks awesome! :) Not to mention that you have a red jewel, so your Acadia was already awesome to begin with... *looks around innocently*

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:
Silverado02 said:
That answers my question exactly! Thank you. I had a feeling that was going to be the case with the HIDs. I couldn't imagine using amber lights as your normal running lights at night.

It does change up your Acadia and it looks awesome! :) Not to mention that you have a red jewel, so your Acadia was already awesome to begin with[/color]... *looks around innocently*
>:D

·
Registered
212 Posts
Installed the LED's under the main headlights a few months ago and I love them. They come on with my Daylight Running Lights, and I've received several positive comments and long looks. I think it distinguishes my Outlook from other lambdas and SUV's on the road. I also replaced my fog lights with 5900k Hyperwhite bulbs and my headlamps with 8500k Superwhite/Blue lamps, very sharp and clean look. It was tough to get a good photo without the glare, but check it out. I found the LED strips online.

·
Registered
212 Posts
A couple more photos

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
No attachments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I uninstalled some the unnecessary software that came on my GT660-003 laptop and now I get the error message "Don't support the LED controller. Please uninstall the msi LED Manager! and cannot control the LED lights. I tried to uninstall then reinstall the LED software but still nothing!!!! Any ideas??

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
:facepalm: These spam bots are getting better. At least "LED" is in the thread!

·
Registered
212 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts