GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen pictures of an all leather steering wheel, but I've test driven an SLE and an SLT-2, both of which had the chrome accents on the steering wheel. I know it's just a matter of opinion, but IMO the steering wheel looks best without it.

Does anyone know if there is a special model or option that must be chosen to get that leather wrapped, chromeless steering wheel?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Mine has the leather wrapped steering wheel. So it may only be on the SLT-2's.

You may be able to find out on the GMC site by checking the options available.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have a fully loaded SLT-2 and it has a leather wrapped steering wheel but it also has some aluminum accents on it - I do not think that there is an entire steering wheel that is all black leather without the accents - everyone I drove had the accents even the SLE.

·
Registered
261 Posts
johnway said:
I have a fully loaded SLT-2 and it has a leather wrapped steering wheel but it also has some aluminum accents on it - I do not think that there is an entire steering wheel that is all black leather without the accents - everyone I drove had the accents even the SLE.
I have the same model and I think the steering wheel looks fine.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The GM site only references the "leather wrapped steering wheel". I've seen pictures online of a steering wheel without the chrome accents. It's just personal preference, but I thought I would ask on the off chance someone out there knew the secret behind the all-leather, chromeless picture I had seen.

·
Registered
246 Posts
boxermom said:
The GM site only references the "leather wrapped steering wheel". I've seen pictures online of a steering wheel without the chrome accents. It's just personal preference, but I thought I would ask on the off chance someone out there knew the secret behind the all-leather, chromeless picture I had seen.
As far as I can tell, there is only one leather wrapped steering wheel, which is on the SLT models. They all have the
chrome ring on it. It is possible that the pic you saw without the chrome ring was a pre-production model.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a picture of the steering wheel I was talking about. I've concluded that this isn't an option, but I thought I would post this so you all could see what I was referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
We just got our new SLE, and they all have the regular steering wheel, not leather wrapped. I think GMC tried
to cheapen up the SLE compared to what used to be standard in Envoys, etc. Also the SLE does not have the
auto dimming mirrors either.
We had to have cloth interior, so too bad! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts