GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member looking to buy an Acadia. I was wondering what are some thoughts of the leather seats vs. cloth? I've read that the leather seats are quite hard compared to the cloth seats.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just took my Outlook with leather seats on a 2,500 mile trip and the seats were very comfortable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The leather seats are very comfortable and we like the face that it is easier to remove stains.

·
Registered
261 Posts
We have leather seats and my wife's 92 year old mother loves the captains seat in the second row so much that she doesn't want to get out. (So be warned >:D)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If you have dogs, I would go with cloth. I have two dogs with lots of claws. My Vue had leather and it took a beating. The cloth is made of a very durable material and looks really good, not cheap at all. :) I find the seats to be quite comfortable. I'll know for sure after driving it down to Arkansas next weekend though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would agree that when I test drove them the cloth seemed a bit more comfortable BUT not enough to make me want to buy them. I have two little kids and really like the fact that leather is much easier to clean! So I have the leather and no complaints! :cheers:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello: We opted for leather, however, we were super impressed with the cloth interior fabric, especially in the Ebony color. Seems super durable and the Saturn Outlook dealer we talked to told us it is some kind of technology where most things wipe right off! I'm pretty sure the fabric would be the same in the Acadia, but not 100%.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It's funny this came up. When I was looking at the Acadia, the only one they had on the lot had cloth seats. I guess I'm a bit of a leather snob when it comes to cars, and I commented to my salesguy, "why in the world would they make a $30k+ car with cloth!?" I guess if you have big dogs it makes sense, and then I guess there are those that just prefer the cloth instead. To others point that have commented, the cloth in these is really nice. At the end of the day, to each their own!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts