GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the titanium grey leather and just noticed that the color appears to be worn through already in the lower lumbar area of the drivers seat at only 3000 miles. I looks like the dye coloring has just started to rub off. The car is very well taken care of and only driven by my wife around town. The affected area is very small thus far, but if it has started already this early, I expect it to get much worse. Has anyone else experienced this problem yet with their leather seats?

Steve

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I also have the titanium leather and although we have gotten them pretty dirty at times, I have not seen any premature wear like you describe.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I would take that back to the dealer and have them replace the seat cover under warranty.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
dfrank78 said:
I would take that back to the dealer and have them replace the seat cover under warranty.
:ditto: This should not be happening this soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first contribution in this forum as it will be my first Acadia "pretty soon". This is worrisome to me because I am considering the brick leather color in a white diamond tricoat.

I also wonder why GMC does not have the Tan leather and interior color on this vehicle. If they had Tan, I would have probably took that instead of the brick color

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's why I went with cloth in the 2009 Enclave I'm ordering. Although the leather looks nice, it doesn't stay that way for long. It seems the American cars use a lower grade of leather than the European cars such as BMW and Mercedes. Cracks/wear seem to appear a lot sooner; however some of that can be mitigated with regular treatments of high-quality leather cleaner/conditioner. The other issue is that the Acadia's titanium leather is TOO LIGHT. You definitely don't want to wear blue jeans because it will "bleed" onto the leather over time, guaranteed. Black or brick is probably a better choice. I've seen cars in the showroom whose leather is already dirty from people sitting on it.

One thing GM might want to consider in the future is a base "leatherette" (aka high quality vinyl) material like Volkswagen and BMW use on cars without leather. This "leatherette" looks and feels similar to leather, but is cheaper and probably more durable (won't crack as easily, but still will get marked up with blue jeans/dark colored clothes). I've seen it and althought it's not real leather, it still looks more upscale than cloth. This should be a choice in the Buick and GMC at least for the base model.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think what many people are seeing rather than WEAR in their titanium leather, is actually BLEEDING of blue jeans or other clothing or simply grunge. I have over 16K miles and 8 months on my titanium leather and NO wearing of the leather. After using some good leather cleaner/conditioner any bleeding from jeans or grime comes right off and it looks as good as new. On our Enclave with cashmere (tan) leather, the leather is "silk infused" and is definitely higher grade than anything from Europe, so I don't know why some would say "American cars don't use as high grade of leather". For those of you who want tan leather, why not consider an Enclave with cashmere or an Outlook with tan leather?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine is the first vehicle I've owned with leather seats. I've got around 3000 miles on mine, and I noticed darkness occurring, and spoke to a local car parts store about it. They recommended one of their cleaners, and it worked wonders. Took some "elbow grease" though to get results. But they look new now. I also applied a leather conditioner that they said would help keep the seats cleaner longer.

I'm starting to wonder if I should have held my stance on seats, and got cloth instead. While the heating thing is nice, I'm not convinced it's worth the extra money and time needed for care and maintenance. I'm also seeing where the leather seats seem to be less comfortable in cushioning over the cloth ones. Oh well...

·
Registered
350 Posts
ccaats said:
I think what many people are seeing rather than WEAR in their titanium leather, is actually BLEEDING of blue jeans or other clothing or simply grunge. I have over 16K miles and 8 months on my titanium leather and NO wearing of the leather. After using some good leather cleaner/conditioner any bleeding from jeans or grime comes right off and it looks as good as new. On our Enclave with cashmere (tan) leather, the leather is "silk infused" and is definitely higher grade than anything from Europe, so I don't know why some would say "American cars don't use as high grade of leather". For those of you who want tan leather, why not consider an Enclave with cashmere or an Outlook with tan leather?
I'll second this....my blue jeans have rubbed off on the titanium leather. Use a good leather cleaner and all like new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have leather with over 45k miles on my Acadia...not 1 problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts