GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the residuals and lease rates for December for 12,000 and 15,000 mile leases?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Devius said:
Does anyone know the residuals and lease rates for December for 12,000 and 15,000 mile leases?
Just picked up a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2, Carbon Black Metallic, with Nav, Heads Up display, and Dual headrest DVD for $700 under invoice. I'm not sure what the rates are for 12,000 mile leases as I would never be able to keep it under 12,000. I always get 15,000 mile leases, therefore, I never even bother to inquire about 12,000 mile leases. The residual on a 36 month, 15,000 mile, lease is 60% of MSRP. The residual on a 39 month, 15,000 mile, lease is 59% of MSRP. The rate (or "money factor") is currently 0.0033 or 8% (I know...very high) for all lease programs via GMAC. I hope this helps (even though it only answers half of your query). Oh yeah...one more thing...just in case these rates are region specific, I'm located in So. California.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Dragonjo8 - great information, helpful when I go to start my negotiations. I was curious about the headrest DVD system you ordered from the dealer, did the dealership charge you installation for the DVD system? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dragonjo8 said:
Devius said:
Just picked up a 2008 GMC Acadia SLT-2, Carbon Black Metallic, with Nav, Heads Up display, and Dual headrest DVD for $700 under invoice. I'm not sure what the rates are for 12,000 mile leases as I would never be able to keep it under 12,000. I always get 15,000 mile leases, therefore, I never even bother to inquire about 12,000 mile leases. The residual on a 36 month, 15,000 mile, lease is 60% of MSRP. The residual on a 39 month, 15,000 mile, lease is 59% of MSRP. The rate (or "money factor") is currently 0.0033 or 8% (I know...very high) for all lease programs via GMAC. I hope this helps (even though it only answers half of your query). Oh yeah...one more thing...just in case these rates are region specific, I'm located in So. California.
Dragonjo8,

thanks for the info!! If you don't mind sharing, how much is your monthly payment?

Also, how did you get them to go below invoice? Did it take much haggling?

·
Registered
24 Posts
SEL said:
Dragonjo8 - great information, helpful when I go to start my negotiations. I was curious about the headrest DVD system you ordered from the dealer, did the dealership charge you installation for the DVD system? Thanks.
It's hard to tell. After going over my contract a little more thoroughly, it looks as though I was only $500 under invoice. Dealers are always a little creative whenever they write lease contracts. As far as I can tell, I got the DVD system for around $1500 installed (which will be done this Friday, as the system was not in stock). The complete system (2 DVD headrests, wireless headphones, remote, etc.) retails for $1850. Figuring $150 to $200 for installation fees (remember, these units do not require cutting into the headliner) adds about $2000 to the MSRP ($42,600 for my vehicle). The invoice for my vehicle (before adding the DVD system) was around $38,000 (I don't remember the exact figure and he only showed it to me once). The negotiated price of the car (after adding in the DVD system) was $39,000. Assuming I'm correct with regard to the price (his cost) of the DVD system ($1500) his invoice should have been around $39,500, which would put me about $500 under invoice. Since he never gave me an exact figure (hardware plus installation) for the DVD system, I'm not sure if installation was charged or not. Based on my assumptions, I would say no. If, however, his cost for the DVD system is less than $1500, then he most certainly charged for installation.

Devius said:
Dragonjo8,

thanks for the info!! If you don't mind sharing, how much is your monthly payment?

Also, how did you get them to go below invoice? Did it take much haggling?
$610 and some change. There is an excellent resource on this forum with regard to calculating lease payments. Keep in mind, however, that it does not figure in add'l fees (like registration, security deposits, 1st month lease payment, etc.) as some of the fees (which amounted close to $1800 in my case) are not always charged. Ford/Lincoln, for example, was going to waive some of these fees if I had opted to become a repeat customer (I'm turning in my gas guzzling Navigator) on a new Lincoln or Ford lease.

With regard to haggling...I hate haggling. With the advent of the Internet, there is so much information out there, it is really difficult for dealers to get the upper hand these days. My strategy for purchasing/leasing a vehicle involves researching it on the Internet, waiting until the hype has died down on a vehicle I like, then start calling dealers for the best price. If they match the price you have in mind, give them the information they need to get the paperwork rolling. I spent maybe 45 minutes at the dealership. Most of that time was spent waiting for them to wash the vehicle and fill it with gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts