Votes: 0 0.0%
  • speaker damage

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my new Acadia two weeks ago, and I have a leaky sunroof! It has water dripping out of the airbags, and coming out of my speakers. My dealership in Miwaukie, Oregon, Auto Town Buick Pontiac GMC, Salesmanager, MOON, has been been unhelpful, and terrible to deal with. Moon said that it's your problem contact GMC. Hey, I don't know but when you pay $38,000 cash, you would think you could get some type of respect from GMC. I am unhappy, and I am seeking legal action from a very SHARP lawyer. If you aren't getting anywhere with GMC or your dealership, please contact me at 541-270-0768 email me at [email protected] with your concerrns and complaints. :help:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Had same sunroof problem, dealers seemed to have resolved it. Suggest you talk to sales manager, tell them you will call the GM hot line to complain if they cannot or refuse to fix at dealer. Dealer has to give up on car before GM will do anything unless you/lawyer puts together a case for GM.
What year is the Acadia?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I don't understand, don't you have a warranty?

·
Registered
28 Posts
What's with all the lawyer stuff you're posting here and elsewhere? :eek:hno:

The sunroof drain hoses were too short in some Lambda production units, so they became detached. It's a simple and widely known warranty fix. If your dealer isn't up to the task, take it to another authorized GMC service center.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I had both the short drain tube and sealant missing in a seam. Both were taken care of in a one day visit (two different visits). It's been tight as a drum since. I have 17,000 mi. on my 2007 and am very pleased with the car, GMC, and Mike Shaw Pontiac/GMC in Colorado Springs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I think tinat is the lawyer and he is trying to drum up business, who else would put their phone number out on a forum like that.

Have not heard of a dealer yet that won't fix the problem. Besides, you should be talking to the Servicemanager for a repair, not the salesmanager, if you really have a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Our 2008 Acadia had a leaky sunroof, water p*ssed out of the seatbelt height adjuster over the drivers left shoulder. Took it to the dealership and they said that one of the four drain pipes from the sunroof was not connected! Re-connected, stain in the headlining removed all seems OK. Well, I'll wait for the next rain storm to find out!

I don't think GM closing the Acadia/Outlook/Enclave factory, either way they should find the guy who fitted the sunroof to our vehicle and kick his (or her) ***!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I have a 2008 Saturn Outlook and last year I had a leak. They couldn't find anything wrong and charged me over $100 to try to find the leak. Just before New Years we had a big rain and my back seats were soaked. Since yesterday the GMC dealer in Morehead City, NC has had my car. I let the guy who checked me in know I had an extended warranty. Usually they check to make sure the problem is covered or they call me if it isn't. Not only did they NOT call me, they didn't bother to let me know they would have my car overnight. This morning I talked to the lady in the service department and let her know that both times my car leaked was when it was parked outside on the driveway at a slight incline. I also mentioned my extended warranty. She called me back to tell me it isn't going to cover the leak, nor the seal replacement. I was also told I wouldn't be getting my car back today either. So I called the warranty company to find out why they won't cover this. They told me of a TSC 08207 that requires the drain tubes to be extended. My VIN# is one that should have been fixed but no one sent me a darn notice and of all the times I have been in the GMC dealer for recalls, not once was that mentioned to me. I have no idea what they are going to charge me as the guy who checked me in said the leak test would only be a couple hours. I am so upset right now and disgusted with GMC AND Saturn, I doubt I will ever buy another car from GMC. If my bill is more than a couple hours of investigation I will get a lawyer because they STILL haven't called me to give me an estimate of repair or cost for this and now they KNOW my warranty doesn't cover it. I am just pissed right now. I guess I will find out tomorrow what the heck is going on.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Most extended warranties exclude water leaks. I ran into the same issue last year when mine started leaking. My dealer however achknowledged that this is a widespread failure and agreed to only charge me the deductible to complete the repair.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just called the GMC dealer in Morehead City, NC at 12:42 today, to find out what is going on since no one has yet to call me. I was told that the only thing they could find was a couple loose bolts on the luggage rack (which I never use either) and he put some washers in and tightened the bolts. I asked if I was going to get my car back and was told they are trying. Since I took my car in I have done research to also find that another cause of leaking is that the roof has assembly line holes that were not sealed causing the roof to leak…not the sunroof. If this is true, this should have been a recall as well. I am now seriously thinking class action. I better get my car back today...they have had it three days now and I doubt they have found the real problem yet. I am pretty confident that is caused from the manufacturer from the start.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I would never buy any vehicle with a sunroof. At some point they're going to leak, it's inevitable. Usually this happens just as the warrany expires. I've always been a big fan of T-Tops but same issue, they'll leak at some point as well.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Hawkeye said:
I would never buy any vehicle with a sunroof. At some point they're going to leak, it's inevitable. Usually this happens just as the warrany expires. I've always been a big fan of T-Tops but same issue, they'll leak at some point as well.
You don't have a choice if you want the Denali trim. Sun roof is standard with this model.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
TMMAR said:
You don't have a choice if you want the Denali trim. Sun roof is standard with this model.
I would never waste the extra money on a Denali version of any GM product. Just paying for some "bling". I'll take function over uselesness any day of the week.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Hawkeye said:
I would never waste the extra money on a Denali version of any GM product. Just paying for some "bling". I'll take function over uselesness any day of the week.
Uh oh - I agree but the Denali owners are getting irritated with us. ;)

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Maybe some of us like the "bling"!!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
mikemu said:
Uh oh - I agree but the Denali owners are getting irritated with us. ;)
Oh don't I know it. That's why I say to each their own and respect what they buy. They look nice in the Denali package but just not enough extra function for me to justify the extra cost. No offense intended to the Denali owners!

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Hawkeye said:
Oh don't I know it. That's why I say to each their own and respect what they buy. They look nice in the Denali package but just not enough extra function for me to justify the extra cost. No offense intended to the Denali owners!
Way to go Hawkeye.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Hawkeye said:

There is a bit of 'extra function' that you get with the Denali version. In addition to the sun roof you get the towing package and NAV. Just 3 things that I can come up with off the top of my head. May be other items as well that don't immediately come to mind.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
TMMAR said:
There is a bit of 'extra function' that you get with the Denali version. In addition to the sun roof you get the towing package and NAV. Just 3 things that I can come up with off the top of my head. May be other items as well that don't immediately come to mind.
The towing package came with my SLT-2 but I purposely ordered it without the nav system. Way to overpriced in any of the vehicles as has been discussed numerous times in various forums. Like I said earlier, not my money being spent so to each their own. Nothing wrong with being proud of your purchase and wanting it to stand out from a visual point of view.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts